AmeriCorps*VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) provides full-time members to nonprofit, faith-based and other community organizations, and public agencies to create and expand programs that ultimately bring low-income individuals and communities out of poverty.
As the VISTA team coordinator, the VISTA Leader will provide training, technical assistance, resources and support to the WACC VISTA Project team across the state. The VISTA leader will maintain regular communication with all members of the team via phone, email, periodic in-person meetings and site visits. S/he will assist in organizing a minimum of 2 member training activities and will help to promote and facilitate those activities as needed. S/he will develop additional resource material as needed and keep VISTA members up to date on professional development opportunities.
1. Prior experience as a full-time VISTA (required)
2. College Degree – A.A. or B.A./B.S.
3. Proven leadership ability; capacity to work within a team and also be self-directed as needed
4. Experience working with post-secondary education students
5. Knowledge of and experience in service-learning, volunteer management, and national service
6. Strong organizational, project management and event planning skills.
7. Ability to manage short and long term deadlines
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both with individuals and groups
9. Strong computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
For more information please contact Vaneitta Goines, Program Manager, at email@example.com or (360) 650-6476.