Think you missed the boat when registering for the 2010 Seattle and Portland Treks? Think again. Although space is becoming limited on some excursions (which have gone to a waitlist), there is still space available for excursion in both Portland and Seattle. There are still spaces available on the following excursion pairings.
- Columbia Sportswear/Widmer Brothers
- Expeditors Intl & Accenture
- Xversity & Amazon.com
- Starbucks & Experience Music Project
Curious what some of these companies have been up to recently? Through the magic of Google News, I was able to pull up snap shots of the Portland companies to give you all examples of their recent news-worthiness. (I can guarantee you that the companies in Seattle will also have similar news articles… give it a shot.)
The final deadline for registration for the 2010 Treks is next Monday Dec. 28th.
To register, go to the following link: https://gonzaga-csm.symplicity.com/events/TREKS2010.
Columbia Sportswear News:
· Dec. 17, 2009 Helping hands help others
· Dec. 16, 2009: Wednesday’s Wall Street roundup
· Dec. 10, 2009: Oregon’s most admired companies named
Widmer Brothers News:
Join us for one of the following Trek Information Sessions and Workshops this Week
Trek participants are required to attend one session, but encouraged to attend as many as apply
December Grads Job Search Workshop Tues. 8th, Noon Road to Bali, Crosby
Networking at the Trek Workshop Wed. 9th, 4pm Road to Bali, Crosby
Trek Resumania Thurs. 10th, Noon Road to Bali, Crosby
Resume/Cover Letter Workshop Thurs. 10th, 4:30pm Road to Bali, Crosby *Free Pizza*
Last Chance for Trek Prep! Monday, 14th Noon Road to Bali, Crosby
Last Chance for Trek Prep! Tuesday, 15th 1pm Road to Bali, Crosby
RSVP www.zagtrax.net or call 509.313.4234
- Are other schools participating? Nope! This event is exclusive to current Gonzaga students only.
- What does the $35 cover? Transportation to excursion sites as well as lunch and food at networking social.
- Do you provide transportation from Spokane to Portland/Seattle? Unfortunately, at the time we do not. Contact the GAMP office to placed on a list for ride share though.
- Where should I park? Portland: Park at the DoubleTree hotel at Lloyd Center. Seattle: Park near Fx McRory’s (where social will be) then take public transportation/cab to Washington Athletic Center.
- What should I wear? ¡Professional attire as though you were going on an interview. (Yes, this includes pulling out an iron.) Wear shoes that are dressy, but comfortable to walk in.
- Is lodging in Portland/Seattle provided? No, but contact GAMP office for reduced rates at partner hotels. Also, consider staying with friends/family.
- I am a liberal arts major, why should I attend? Regardless of your major, the education and networking opportunities the Trek provides ares universal.
- Why should a freshman attend?To get a snapshot at these companies now, rather than later, gives you a competitive edge in the future.
Space is becoming very limited for the 2010 Seattle & Portland Treks. If you are still on the on the fence about attending this year, I’d recommend making a decision fairly quickly.
The link to register is: https://gonzaga-csm.symplicity.com/events/TREKS2010.