A Gonzaga alum has a position to fill in San Francisco. He would like to give a fellow ZAG first priority to apply for the position! Please contact Jenn Klein in the Career Center & GAMP office (313-4234) for more information on applying directly with the hiring manager. Here is a direct quote from the GU alum: “I am looking for a high quality individual who has integrity, work ethic, and a strength in communicating ideas. I am available anytime to discuss this position. Thought I would give Gonzaga alumni the first crack at this job. Please have anyone that is interested get back to me by Tuesday next week. A candidate needs to be chosen in the next 2 to 3 weeks.”
Company Overview: Birst is the leading provider of on-demand business intelligence solutions. With its comprehensive Cloud BI Suite, Birst brings the benefits of fact-based decision-making to a much broader audience than traditionally served by making it affordable, fast, and easy to use. Unique to Birst is its integrated data warehousing and business intelligence approach that delivers a standards-based, comprehensive solution for midsized organizations.
Birst is the winner of the 2012 Cloud Awards, the Red Herring Global 100 Award, the TDWI Best Practices Award, and the Web Award for Software Standard of Excellence. Birst customers include Citrix, RBC, Securian, Dunn & Bradstreet, Key Technology, and other leading organizations.
Position Summary: Lead Development Reps are an essential part of the marketing team’s lead generation activities. Birst LDRs fill the sales funnel with qualified opportunities making the sales team and process much more efficient. LDRs are highly motivated, sales development professionals, passionate about evangelizing Birst business intelligence. Strong sales and communication skills are required to qualify prospects for Birst’s sales team.
The Lead Development Representative (LDR) will be assigned to a specific geographic territory and be responsible for lead generation / lead qualification to drive new business. The LDR will aggressively follow-up on inbound marketing program leads through LDR initiated calling. The LDR will also work with the Inside Sales Reps, to hand-off qualified leads through thorough lead profiling and professional introductions.
Lead Development Representatives are responsible for a number of daily activities that enable a strong team selling environment including:
1. Qualify marketing leads according to Birst Totally Qualified Lead (TQL) standards with hand-off to Birst sales representatives.
2. Clearly communicate Birst’s value proposition over the phone by thoroughly understanding the Birst solution.
3. Overcome objections and effectively respond to prospect questions relating to Birst products, competitor products and other business or technical issues.
4. Develop a quarterly plan working with sales reps to achieve lead qualification objectives.
5. Continually optimize lists and calling strategy using Birst’s sales force automation systems.
6. Maintain close relationship with sales organization to hand-off qualified leads, schedule sales calls, and collect feedback on quality and outcome of leads.
7. Target 60 dials per day and complete administrative tasks (e.g. developing lists, processing leads, etc.) outside of territory primary dialing hours.
8. Become completely proficient with Birst’s sales force automation system and provide detailed updates on all prospecting efforts following standard process.
9. Follow up on all qualified leads to update Birst’s sales force automation systems and ensure area sales reps engagement with the qualified prospect.
10. Achieve all lead qualification quotas and program goals set on a quarterly and annual basis, which include call volumes, and number of qualified leads.
Telemarketing or telesales experience in a high-tech, business-to-business environment with outbound cold calling and appointment setting desired. College degree preferred.