Gonzaga Orientation Leader Applications Open
Orientation Leaders serve as the student ambassadors for Gonzaga University, New Student Orientation, Parent and Family Orientation and First Year Experience Program. They are instrumental in guiding our diverse first year, international, transfer, veteran and returning adult students during this important time of transition to life at Gonzaga University. As a Jesuit, Catholic institution, Orientation Leaders are vital in living out Gonzaga University’s mission where we “educate students for lives of leadership and service for the common good.” It is a volunteer position that provides important leadership opportunities. Terms of service are August 25 – 31, 2015.
- Application Open: Monday, February 9
- Application Deadline: Friday, February 20 at 11:59 p.m., PST
To Apply Visit: http://bit.ly/guolapp
Interview Dates (Candidates Select Time/Day):
- Monday, February 23, 7 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 24, 7 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 25, 7 p.m.- 10 p.m.
- Friday, February 27, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m.-STUDY ABROAD & TRANSFER,
VETERAN AND RETURNING ADULT STUDENTS ONLY
Job Offers Extended Via Email: Tuesday, March 3
Upon Hire Dates:
- Student Leadership Training: Sunday, April 12, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(lunch included), Cataldo Globe Room.
- Orientation Leader All Staff Confirmation Meeting: TBD
- Welcome Back ALL Staff Meeting: Tuesday, August 25 by 4 p.m. PST
- Orientation Leader Training: Wednesday, August 26 – Thursday, August 27
- Orientation Weekend: Friday, August 28 – Monday, August 31
As an Orientation Leader, you will be in charge of leading a small
group of 12-15 new students in the process of transitioning to life in college.
You will participate and assist in various Orientation events including, but not
limited to, Welcome Night, Small groups, Orientation Station, etc.
Super Group Leader
As a Super Group Leader, you will be responsible for a group of
10 – 12 Orientation Leaders. You will be the primary communication
source between GUide Core and Orientation Leaders throughout
the weekend. You will also participate and facilitate orientation events.
Parent and Family Crew
As a Parent and Family Crew you will be assisting in all aspects
of Parent/Family Orientation. You will serve as a resource and guide
to incoming parents and families. Also, you will be supporting first year
students and Orientation Leaders with additional events.
Rough & Tough
As a Rough & Tough team member, you will work on the set up
and tear down of all Orientation weekend events. This position
includes a high amount of physical activity.
For more information, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by First Year Experience Programs, Crosby 110 Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
First Year Experience Program
Gonzaga University, 502 E. Boone Ave., MSC #2503, Spokane, WA 99258-0076
Crosby Room 110, Crosby Student Center, Main Level
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (except University holidays)