|Title||Community Engagement Intern|
|Department(s)||Outreach and Marketing|
|Reports to||Spokane Lead Organizer|
Work with the Lead Organizer to create and implement the strategies and processes necessary to successfully engage volunteers, community institutions, neighborhoods and individuals in order to achieve SustainableWorks’ goals of helping homeowners save energy and lower their carbon footprint all while creating quality jobs.
Summary of essential job functions
- Work with Lead Organizer to educate the public about home energy efficiency
- Assist with trainings for volunteers to serve as neighborhood volunteers and community leaders.
- Assist in recruiting institutions, creating & maintaining a neighborhood leadership team, planning public events and work directly with individuals to support neighborhood organizing efforts to achieve SustainableWorks’ goals.
- Various administrative tasks (phones, filing, etc.).
- Additional tasks to be determined based on needs of student and organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- Outstanding customer service, analytical, organizational and communications skills
- Strong computer skills including, Microsoft Office Suite