We are interested in interviewing several Gonzaga Business students for our summer internship program at the Lab.
Business Development & Analysis • Business Systems Directorate
Accounting, Contracts, and Finance Summer Interns
The Business Systems Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is looking for summer interns with a strong background in accounting, finance, contract management, or general business. Each of these positions is paid and consists of one or more rotational assignments in the Financial Operations, Contracts or Business Office functions.
Each successful candidate will be involved in a 13 week summer internship program with an opportunity to present in front of top management at our corporate location in Columbus, Ohio. Interns will be introduced and trained on multiple computer programs and various business systems throughout the summer.
A PNNL application must be on file before an interview is granted. Interested parties must apply online at http://www.jobs.pnnl.gov/ under job ID # 303828 (Accounting/Finance position), job ID# 303827 (Contract position) and/or job ID# 303829 (Masters/Graduate position) before January 31, 2015.
PNNL is an EEO/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace. F/M/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Note: Application status will indicate “route” until interviews are granted. Interviews will not be granted until after January 31, 2015.
Generally, successful candidate(s) will assist staff in any number of the following areas:
- Cash and/or general ledger reconciliations and problem analysis/resolution
- Varied functions including troubleshooting one-of-a-kind problems, research, and data analysis
- Assistance in tracking costs, budgets, and program funds by reviewing key data sources (including cost reports) and interacting with staff on a regular basis
- Assistance in contract or acquisition administration, including Request For Proposal (RFP) preparation
- Supporting day-to-day operations in Financial Operations and Contracts
- Proposal pricing
- Identifying process improvements that enable more effective and efficient business operations
- Preparation of both periodic and ad-hoc financial reports for both internal and external customers
PNNL (www.pnl.gov) is located in Richland on the sunny eastern side of Washington State. We are one of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) ten national laboratories, proudly operated by Battelle for the DOE’s Office of Science. PNNL transforms the world through courageous discovery and innovation by performing nationally important research and development. The capability of our people is our most important competitive differentiator. We attract and invest in the best, enable them to excel, and create outstanding teams to solve important problems. To learn more about what PNNL has to offer, contact Katelyn Cearlock, BSD Intern Coordinator at (509) 371-7398.