Public Relations/Communications Job with Zag Dining
Zag Dining has a part-time Public Relations/Communications job open at Gonzaga! This is a great opportunity for a recent grad or even a current senior or grad student. The job is part-time but 25-30 hours/wk with the chance to grow into full-time. Here’s what they are looking for:
“Really want a Zag!! They need to have a pretty unique set of skills. Love to write, maintain and be active on a variety of social media, create press releases, video work, collaborative, not afraid of public speaking, PR and a good leader. An investigative reporter but someone that is a strong wordsmith as well.”
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) requested our office to promote their Volunteer Summer Internship Program at Gonzaga!
The 2013 Volunteer Internship Application is open October 1, 2012 through October 22, 2012. The application link is available on www.fbijobs.gov/VolunteerInternshipProgram. The 2013 FBI Volunteer Internship program dates are June 3, 2013 – August 9, 2013.
Each summer, a special group of outstanding undergraduate and graduate students are selected to participate in the FBI Volunteer Internship Program (VIP). FBI interns will get an “insider’s view” of FBI operations and will have the opportunity to explore the many career options available within the FBI. Interns gain professional experience that is unique, valuable, and marketable, across both the public and private sectors. Positions for this 10-week unpaid internship are available in Field Offices across the country, including the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. The 2013 VIP program will be implemented from
June 3, 2013 through August 9, 2013.
Successful interns with the necessary grade point average, academic disciplines, experiences, and diverse backgrounds aligned with the FBI’s long-range personnel needs to include, but not limited to:
- Engineering, Information Technology, Physical Science, Foreign Languages, Business, International Relations, Communications, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Law, and Behavioral Science
One of the FBI’s priorities is to hire individuals with Computer Science and Cyber backgrounds. Since this is one of the FBI’s main focuses at this time, the FBI is looking for individuals who possess any of the following academic backgrounds related to the Computer Science/Cyber fields:
- Academic Degrees: Computer Forensics, Computer Science, Information Security, Digital Investigative Management, Network and Communications Management, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Certifications: Certifications from national associations or vendors such as Cisco, Microsoft, GIAC, EC-Council, ISACA, INFOSEC, CompTIA, Apple, ICSA focusing on networks or network security
- Work side-by-side with Special Agents and Professional Staff personnel on important cases and management issues
- Obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- At the end of the summer, students may be offered the opportunity to continue the internship throughout the school year at an office nearest to their school
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be enrolled full-time in a college or university which is accredited through a regional or national institutional association which is recognized by the United States Secretary of Education
- Must be a Junior, Senior or graduate student (anyone graduating before June 2013 is ineligible)
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale, and be in good standing with their academic institution
- Must be able to meet all FBI employment requirements, to include successful completion of an FBI Background investigation, in order to receive a Top Secret Security Clearance
Disqualifiers (Drug Policy)
You can easily determine whether you meet the FBI’s illegal drug policy by answering the following questions:
- Have you used marijuana at all within the last three years?
- Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
- Have you ever sold, distributed, manufactured, or transported any illegal drug?
- Have you ever used any prescription drug or used a legally obtained substance in a manner for which it was not intended with three years (36 months) preceding the date of the preliminary application for employment?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you are not eligible for employment or an internship with the FBI at this time.
Catholic Charities (Portland) is hiring a Marketing & Communications Specialist.
This position is a good match for students interested in Business, Communications, Education and Health Promotion. Cambia is looking to hire a team of up to 10 students to attend community based events to promote one of our smaller companies, Sprig Health. Sprig Health provides access to affordable health care for students who are uninsured or underinsured: http://www.sprighealth.com/. Please have interested students apply directly on our website (see Cambia job # below).
ZagTrax job posting ID# 7734.
Summer Marketing & Outreach Representative
Temporary position (Summer)
Joining the Sprig Health Street Team allows you to hone and expand your leadership skills while connecting with community members.
As a Marketing and Outreach Representative, you will assist the Sprig Marketing Team by performing the following duties:
- Disseminate information about Sprig Health, a company designed to provide people a way to access health care at a fair price without the need for health insurance
- Present a positive image of Cambia Health Solutions and Sprig Health by initiating and facilitating conversations with community members at local outreach events
- Generate awareness of community events by engaging in social conversations prior, during, and following said event
- Collaborate with Sprig Health employees and other Street Team Representatives
- Participate in all Street Team training activities
- Currently pursuing an Undergraduate Degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, Community Health, Health Promotion, Public Health or a related field
- At least Junior class standing
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior public speaking or outreach experience (examples include but are not limited to: student club officer, university ambassador, orientation leader or resident advisor)
Hard work and dedication are rewarded at Cambia:
We offer a competitive salary.
To search and apply for employment opportunities, visit us at www.cambiahealth.com/careers and Apply Online to Job # 19770.
THURSDAY MARCH 8th
12 to 1 pm
Foley Teleconference Room (Foley Library)
RSVP is appreciated: zagtrax.net (events tab)
Join local KHQ anchorman Dan Kleckner as he shares insights on his career in the communications field! How did he get there? What advice would he give to someone entering the field? What does it mean to be an informed citizen in today’s world?
As an Emmy-award winning Sports Anchor, Dan’s sports career highlights include: Traveling with the Gonzaga Bulldogs when the Zags made their first NCAA appearance in 1995, carrying the Olympic Torch as the flame made its way across the country to Atlanta in 1996, and meeting his boyhood idol, Chicago Bears Hall-of-Famer, Gale Sayers.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! Don’t Miss It!
Contact the Career Center & GAMP office with questions: 313-4234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP is appreciated: zagtrax.net (events tab)