Distribution Engineer open position at UECTo apply for this position, follow these steps:
This ZagTrax posting is set up as an OCI (On Campus Interview), so students need to log-in to ZagTrax.net – then on their main page on the right side under “Land an Interview” – select “Campus Interviews – Open Positions” scroll down to find the position, click and apply.
The Distribution Engineer at Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is responsible for providing cost-effective engineering for electric system construction and maintenance with minimal direction. The position maintains working knowledge of the UEC substations, transmission, and distribution systems, including design and equipment specifications and operating principles. The position also assists in the preparation of technical engineering studies, reports and assists in development of construction work plans. This position is also responsible for developing and recommending specifications or specification modifications and developing and/or reviewing design drawings and concepts. The position maintains working knowledge of and assists in ensuring compliance with all RUS, federal, State, and other applicable standards for electric utilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include other duties as assigned.
• Performs and directs activities associated with creating a construction, system improvement, or maintenance work order package as assigned.
• Participates in activities to ensure electrical protection of the UEC electric system by developing technical studies such as coordination, sectionalizing, voltage, and fault studies; and assists in the planning for long-term and short-term construction work plans within the limits of required approvals and UEC policies and procedures.
• Provides recommendations for designs of new electric plant or improvements to existing electric plant substations, transmission or distribution lines with minimal direction. Prepares and presents design drawings and project details for approval as requested.
JOB DUTIES may include other duties as assigned.
• Keeps well informed of the latest equipment, practices and procedures in the industry regarding automated electric design systems; the operating principles of power transmission and distribution equipment necessary for operation and maintenance of an electric system; and keeps current on new and improved engineering standards and practices.
• Prepares engineering report computations, cost estimates, specifications or other engineering details as requested.
• Maintains current knowledge of power quality issues and provide assistance to members/customers to ensure compliance with UEC’s policy requirements.
• Prepares routine technical specifications; identifies material needs and issues procurement instructions for routine projects. Reviews and prepares recommendations for new materials/equipment specifications.
• Performs outage Tech On-Call duties on rotation; maintains current knowledge of UEC’s SCADA and mapping systems.
• Provides project management for large construction/maintenance projects with minimal direction. Works regularly with consultants and contractors, providing instructions and direction for consulting project managers.
• Works closely with other departments in development of company procedures and work processes; strategic or department work plan initiatives; and RUS engineering and finance requirements for construction work plans.
• Serves as lead or committee member on various company committees as directed, promoting team work between departments. Provides information and engineering assistance as directed for prospective and/or planned generation or renewal energy projects in UEC service area.
• Displays excellent communication skills include presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills required in working with members, customers, or coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues and fosters a spirit of cooperation in the workplace.
• Conducts themselves in a manner that reflects well on UEC and contributes to harmonious relations with members and the general public.
• Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.