The Career Center & GAMP office Recently Received a Job Lead [for New College Grad] from a Gonzaga Alum!

This is the message we received from the GU alum:

“I was at real estate industry function last week and was speaking with someone I knew at Norris Beggs Simpson that is looking for a recent college grad. The job would be part time for the first 6 to 12 months, but likely move to full time assuming a good cultural fit/continued expansion. I have attached a job description that was forwarded to me, but I want to also explain a few items for any perspective candidate, as this is an extremely small niche in finance and unknown to many people outside of real estate.  If you have anyone that would be a good fit, I’d be glad to speak with them before they send in their resume.”

• This is a mortgage banking company, which is different than working for a commercial bank. Bankers (ie. Key Bank Real Estate Capital) tend to wait for the phone to ring to finance deals. They have less incentive to actively search for deals. Mortgage bankers are actively engaging potential clients (developers etc) and looking to make deals (debt and equity) as their compensation is dependent on dollar volume. Therefore, someone that enjoys finance and real estate, but is also sales oriented would probably fit well, as most people transition from underwriting deals to originating debt/equity after a few years.
  • This is a rare opportunity and small industry. There are only 3 people working for NBS Finance in Seattle and they have about 5 main competitors within the Seattle market that are all similar size.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION, Please contact the Career Center & GAMP office and we will provide you with the contact info for the alum who referred this position.

The Career Center & GAMP office is located on the 2nd Floor of the Crosby Student Center (Room #211).  You can contact us by e-mail at careercenter&gamp@gonzaga.edu or phone 313-4234.