- Would you like to assist Emergency and Water Managers in making critical decisions?
- Are you excited about using the latest technologies like radar, satellites, computers and advanced models?
- Would you like to work in the expanding area of water resources forecasting?
- Does helping to save lives and property during flood events interest you?
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Weather Service Office in Spokane, Washington may have a position for you as a Service Hydrologist Position.
Here are a handful of duties:
- Is responsible for evaluating and making recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the WFO/supported WFO hydrologic program.
- Preparing, issuing and providing quality control over the preliminary river and flood forecasts, as well as adaptive stage and flood forecasts.
- Alerting the Meteorologist In Charge (MIC) of deficiencies in products or procedures.
- Instructing and training other WFO personnel in operational aspects of the hydrology program.
- Managing the flash flood program for the WFO.
- Supervising the hydrological data acquisition network.
- Participating in the Community Preparedness and Outreach Programs.
For a full job listing, go to: www.usajobs.com and search for Job Announcement Number: NWS-WR-2009-0172