Have you given up on that great summer internship for 2009? My advice: Don’t throw in the towel quite yet. Below are just a handful of the open internships ranging in geographical areas as well as fields of study. Does one catch your eye? Log in to ZagTrax.net today for the full position list as well as how to apply. Remember, GU Alumni are also encouraged to create profiles on ZagTrax.net as well as current students. Need help logging into the system? Contact Cassandra at email@example.com and she will get you all set.
Business Development Unpaid Intern, ID #3101 Spokane, WA 8/31
• This internship will give a very broad view of marketing, advertising, community outreach, event planning and management.
• Tasks include: Assisting Business Development team with productivity, occupancy, presentation and operation of the Specialty Leasing Program; coordinating licensee set-up and tear down; working with mall team and general manager to prepare and send out information to prospective retailers; canvassing area to find and develop new retail concepts for our centers; and other tasks as directed.
Editorial Intern, ID #681 Internship Filled
• We don’t pay, but we offer the hectic pace of gathering information and writing for an alternative newsweekly – and references afterwards.
• Compile information, fact-check, do Web research, write occasional short articles.
• We write on local and regional politics and the environment; books, theater, film, visual art, dance, food; classical, jazz, indie, emo, folk, reggae and salsa. We also have contests over who can insert words like “antepenultimate” and “postprandial” into their stories each week in a fiendishly apropos way.
Graphic Design Intern, ID# 659, Spokane,WA
• Between our special events, bimonthly magazine, and marketing outreach, we need fliers, postcards, advertisements, and sometimes other fun stuff.
• Under the guidance of our marketing director and special events director, create eye-catching designs while still saving enough room for all the text we need to get across.
• Figure out creative uses of color that don’t cost an arm and a leg. Play with fonts!
Financial Services Internship, ID #637 Internship Filled
• Assisting in client services, which include developing business and communication skills, researching target markets, scheduling appointments, creating informational databases, and learning the corporate culture.
Internship In Real Estate, ID# 2759
• Busy real estate agent (current Gonzaga MBA student and undergrad alum) is open for internship opportunities in local real estate office.
• Activities include marketing, website development, press releases, conducting surveys, writing copy and customer service delivery.
Journalism Internship, ID# 2730, Spokane, WA
• College student who is majoring in journalism, English, or communications to serve as an intern for a Spokane-area magazine for summer or fall term in exchange for credit.
• Successful candidates should be creative thinkers, sharp writers, self starters, and detail oriented people.
• Duties: Help plan stories and photographs, conduct interviews, write articles, and proofread.
Marketing & Business Development Internship, ID #3078 Internship Closed
• Developing press release talking points
• Writing and editing case studies and project profiles
• Coordinating with marketing and business groups
• Supporting client and association database development and management
• Researching market trends
• Supporting business development
Podcasting Internship, ID #675
• Learn the process for creating podcasts, share SPR audio on a worldwide basis.
• Fix audio broadcast for volume and compression rate.
• Add podcasting introduction file to the beginning of audio files.
• Write and edit identification tags for audio, including content description and keywords *
• Create RSS feed (XML file). SPR uses Feeder for Macintosh. Each feed takes between 20 minutes to one hour to process, depending on where you are in the learning curve.
Public Relations/Fundraising Internship, ID #1350, Spokane, WA Closes 7/16
• Assist with maintaining and updating fundraising database.
• Assist with all activities related to special events fund raising, including, but not limited to marketing, promotion, organization and planning of event(s), volunteer oversight, etc.
• Research and document prospective funding sources including foundations, potential sponsors, grants, and other potential donors of cash, materials, and/or services.
• Assist with fundraising and publicity campaigns: solicitations, sponsor relations, press releases, public service announcements, follow-up calls, preparation of solicitation and press packets, etc.
Electrical Engineering Summer Internship, ID #832, Tacoma, WA
• Looking for real-world electrical engineering experience?
• From day one, the electrical engineering students and graduates who intern at the utility are immersed in utility projects under the guidance of the utility’s experienced electrical engineers.