U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science
Are you interested in performing important work in a challenging environment? If you are, the Office of Science is involved in a variety of sciences, science education, and funding of science research.
We are the single largest supporter of basic research in the physical sciences in the United States, providing more than 40 percent of total funding for this vital area of national importance. We oversee and are the principal federal funding agency for our Nation’s research programs in high-energy physics, nuclear physics, and fusion energy sciences.
If this sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply for both summer and student internship opportunities with the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science if you are at least 16 years of age, a US citizen and in high school or college. We have many locations across the United States where you would be part of the Career Pathways Internship Program from mid-May 2013 through September 30, 2013, with the opportunity to work part time throughout the year as well.
- Major Duties: You will have an opportunity to work in areas related to your personal interests or fields of study under the supervision of scientists and other professionals within the agency.
- Qualifications: You must be attending and/or enrolled to attend as a diploma/degree-seeking student taking at least half-time academic, technical, or vocational course-load in an accredited high school, technical, vocational, 2 or 4 year college or university, graduate, or professional school.
- Benefits: Benefits include flexible work schedules, holidays and sick leave.
- Open Application Period: March 13, 2013 – March 19, 2013
- How to apply: Please apply online at www.usajobs.gov for the specific vacancies listed below. You must also submit a resume, unofficial transcript, and a document from your school stating you are attending and/or enrolled to attend as a diploma/degree-seeking student. The following links will be available during open application period dates only.
Summer Internship Positions
DOE13-SC-ITRN-001 (General) DOE13-SC-ITRN-004 (General)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-001 (Human Resources) DOE13-SC-ITRN-004 (Human Resources)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-001 (Administrative/Office Support) DOE13-SC-ITRN-004 (Administrative/Office Support)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-001 (Information Technology Mgmt) DOE13-SC-ITRN-004 (Information Technology Mgmt)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-002 (Biological Sciences) DOE13-SC-ITRN-005 (Biological Sciences)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-002 (Physical Science) DOE13-SC-ITRN-005 (Physical Science)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-002 (Mathematics and Statistics) DOE13-SC-ITRN-005 (Mathematics and Statistics)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-002 (Engineering) DOE13-SC-ITRN-005 (Engineering)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-003 (Financial Management) DOE13-SC-ITRN-006 (Financial Management)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-003 (Legal) DOE13-SC-ITRN-006 (Legal)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-003 (Business/Industry) DOE13-SC-ITRN-006 (Business/Industry)
DOE13-SC-ITRN-003 (Copyright and Patent) DOE13-SC-ITRN-006 (Copyright and Patent)