Washington State Governor’s Leadership Academy
The Governor’s Leadership Academy is a unique internship program for college and graduate students to gain a hands-on learning experience in the Governor’s office.
The Inslee Administration is looking for innovative, forward-thinking individuals who are committed to public service and who want to develop their leadership and public policy skills in a dynamic environment.
- Outstanding verbal, written and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work well and creatively, in a team environment and independently
- Good judgment, ability to manage sensitive situations, and highly personable
- Passion for public service
Available Internship Opportunities in the following Offices & Departments:
- Boards and Commissions
- Office of the Chief of Staff
- Communications Office
- Constituent Services
- Internal Relations Office
- External Relations Office
- Office of General Counsel
- Legislative Affairs and Policy
- Scheduling and Reception
- International Relations and Protocol
- Washington DC Office
Contact the Career Center & GAMP office (Chris or Vicki) for more detailed descriptions about each of these internships, or go to www.careers.wa.gov.
How to Apply
To be considered, you must apply at www.careers.wa.gov. As part of the application, interested applicants must submit (attach) the following:
(1) a letter of interest describing your specific qualifications,
(2) a current resume detailing experience and education.
Please indicate up to two (2) categories below that best match the area of work which the experience and knowledge of state government you wish to gain.
Please Note: Application review begins immediately and will continue on an ongoing basis until an adequate pool of candidates is established. Therefore, it will be to the applicant’s advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.
· The internship is unpaid but reimbursements for travel may be available on a case by case basis.
· Interns must be available for at least 10 hours a week for 12 weeks – minimum.
· College course credit may be applicable, depending on school program. We will work with your individual academic institution in obtaining college course credit for academic internships.
· Location: The program is based in Olympia, WA or Washington DC.
For more information about this position, please contact Unjin Lee at (360) 902.4111 or by email email@example.com.
For information regarding the system and application process, please contact Don Chavez at (360) 407.8407 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.