Jay Inslee for Washington: Field Organizers
We are looking for motivated, experienced and talented individuals to be Field Organizers for the campaign. Field Organizers are the face of the campaign, representing Jay Inslee in communities across the state to advance his agenda of building a working Washington. This race will be the top gubernatorial race in the country and we need someone who is willing to work hard and commit themselves to electing Jay Inslee as Washington’s next governor.
Field Organizer job responsibilities include:
Field Organizers will work directly with the Field Director and other campaign staff to manage voter contact efforts. Your primary responsibilities will be to recruit, manage and train volunteers who will communicate with voters about Jay Inslee and the campaign. Specifically, you will:
- Manage voter outreach and volunteer recruitment: Voter contact will primarily take the form of phone banking and doorbelling. It will also require significant data management, as well as recruiting and training volunteers to contact targeted voters.
- Represent the campaign in communities across the state: Other responsibilities include planning and attending events, maintaining a local presence for the campaign, and engaging community leaders.
Most of all we are looking for someone who wants to make a difference and elect Jay Inslee Washington’s next governor, but specific requirements include:
- Experience working on a campaign in at least one election cycle
- Attention to detail and ability to manage large quantities of data quickly and accurately
- Experience working with excel and a level of comfort with technology in general
- Outstanding verbal, written and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work well and creatively under tight timelines, in a team environment and independently
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a large team of volunteers
This isn’t a clock-in, clock-out sort of job. We’re looking for someone who is willing to go the extra mile to make the difference. You will be expected to work on evenings and weekends. The positions are based across the state and run through November 2012. Salary is commensurate with experience. Women and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Emily Walters at email@example.com with the subject line “Field Organizer.” Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and no later than 5/1/2012.
Paid for by Jay Inslee for Washington – D