Tomorrow is the 16th Annual Partnership in Employment Fair. To get you prepped and excited, check out these very easy tips to be confident on the day of!
Event Details: Wed. February 24th, 2-6 pm
Where: Spokane Convention Center (Parking Vouchers available, swing by the Career Center!)
Who: All students and alumni of Gonzaga, Whitworth, Eastern and WSU Riverfront
Why: There are 71 employers registered to attend the Partnership Fair. (This is worth your time to attend!!)
Before The Fair
Before any career fair, you need to spend some time preparing. The provided list of employers is the best place to start. By researching which companies will be there, you can prepare to speak with companies in your career field. If you know that there is a company hiring for a position you may be qualified for, you have the opportunity to tailor your rèsumè and show up fully prepared to speak with the recruiter.
- Research the companies in attendance that interest you the most. Read news, press releases and websites.
- Prepare good questions that exemplify your knowledge about the company.
- Update and polish your rèsumè. Bring plenty of copies to the career fair.
- Prepare a “presentation style” or “short self-commercial” which markets your skills and talents to the recruiter setting you apart from the crowd.
- Dress in business attire.
Curious who is joining us tomorrow (all 71 employers) go here.