KPMG is looking to hire three recent graduates to start ASAP!KPMG has a very quick turnaround time (resume deadline 3/21) for these positions. They plan to interview qualified candidates in their office the week of March 24th. There is a very good chance these internship positions will become FT job offers!
Job Description: See below.
Targeted grad dates: June 2013 to June 2014 (we prefer candidates who have graduated by April 2014)
Min GPA: 3.3
Majors: Accounting, Finance, HR, Business Admin, International Business
Posting: Open now through 3/21 (Posting only)
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the US.
Application: They must submit an application directly to KPMG http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25285&siteid=5357&AReq=5604BR
International Executive Services
Global Mobility Advisory Services Intern
Location: Seattle, WA
Anticipated Start Date: April 21, 2014
At KPMG Tax you can look forward to a broad and exciting career, anchored by the concept and value of what we term ‘the modern tax professional’. You’ll be immersed in a global culture of learning, supported by some of the best training in the industry, giving you the skills and technical knowledge to succeed in this new world of tax. You’ll enjoy collaboration with a team of committed and dynamic colleagues, and be mentored by some of the leading minds in the profession, committed to your personal growth, in the organization and as a tax professional.
To learn more about our Global Mobility Advisory Services (GMAS) team, go to our website: http://www.kpmg.com/US/en/services/Tax/global-mobility/Pages/global-mobility-advisory-services.aspx
- Serve as day-to-day contact and resource for assignee, client coordinator, third-party vendors, and other personnel; deliver service utilizing KPMG technology tools and according to standards established by service level agreements
- Provide support and services prior to and during assignments, as well as during repatriation/localization including: assignment cost analysis, expatriate orientations, vendor coordination, preparation of assignment balance sheets, and letters of understanding
- Advise the client on policy and process changes as appropriate; analyze market trends and recommend leading policy and practices
- Review, analyze, and track expatriate payroll, compensation, benefits, global mobility, and other assignment-related issues
- Calculate expatriate-related assignment premiums and allowances, split payroll and shadow payroll compensation, impute updates for employer-provided benefits in kind, and perform U.S. tax gross up calculations
- Coordinate collection, assembly, analysis, and review of worldwide compensation information for tax reporting purposes; prepare and reconcile Consolidated Statements of Earnings to tie to annual and/or fiscal wage statements
- Review and analyze global mobility policies and provide recommendations based on market data and internal experience
- Provide support in client expatriate process review projects and develop recommendations for process improvements
- Research and benchmark expatriate compensation, benefits, payroll and tax programs
- Prepare client correspondence on various international assignment matters
- Support team in year-end compensation collection and reconciliation process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, International/Global Business, International Management, International Relations, or other applicable major from an accredited college/university
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access and strong computer skills overall
- Knowledge of and experience with tax research tools and software
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to interact with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and people skills
- Effective leadership and time management skills
- Strong technical ability to help meet our business objectives
- Able to work as a member of a team and strive for personal effectiveness and professionalism to maintain excellent client service
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Experience abroad a plus
- Targeted graduation dates from June 2013 to June 2014. We prefer individuals who have completed their degree.
Please note that this internship is intended for individuals who have completed or are completing their college eductation within the next few months. Our successful Global Mobility interns are given the opportunity to convert to a fulltime position within the year.
Why an internship?
Internships are more than just a job and a paycheck. Internships offer you the opportunity to:
- Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
- Find Mentors – certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities that you can aspire to
- Gain Experience – these days, employers look for more in a potential hire than just good grades. An internship experience is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience that can help make you more marketable to employers
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation package.
KPMG. A great place to build your career.
To apply, follow the required procedures with Career Services and go to http://jobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=25285&siteid=5357&AReq=5604BR to complete our full application process to be considered for a position at KPMG. Please note you are able to apply to only one position.