Career & Internship Fair
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 2 to 6 p.m.
19 Years Strong! As the Partnership in Employment Career Fair celebrates its 19th year, we invite you to join more than 100 employers to share in our growth and success as we foster relationships and connections between our students and business professionals.
Spokane Convention Center
334 West Spokane Falls Boulevard
Need Transportation? Use the following bus schedule to grab a free ride to and from the fair:
Driving? Print the complimentary parking voucher below, place on the dash of your car, and park in a Diamond Parking Lot for Free!
Before The Fair
- Research the companies in attendance that interest you most. Read news reports, press releases and web sites.
- Prepare good questions that exemplify your knowledge about the company.
- Update and polish your resume. Bring plenty of copies to the career fair.
- Prepare a “presentation style” or “short self-commercial” which markets your skills and talents to the recruiter setting you apart from the crowd.
- Dress in business attire.
At The Fair
- Find and meet the companies you planned to contact.
- Greet recruiters with confidence, enthusiasm, and focus.
- Use a firm handshake, smile and maintain eye contact.
- Interview with as many companies as possible. Approach the fair as a learning experience.
- Take notes about the companies you talk to and ask the best way to follow-up.
- Avoid eating, drinking and being unprofessional around the recruiters.
After The Fair
- Organize all materials gathered from the fair.
- Thank the recruiter for his/her time by sending a thank you card.
- Contact the companies that interested you most, mentioning the contact made at the fair.
- Continue researching the organizations you met at the fair and identify new job postings as well as potential contacts for informational interviews.
- Check out the Partnership in Employment Career Fair website: http://www.partnershipfair.com/
- Contact the Career Center & GAMP: 509-313-4234, email@example.com