We had this PAID internship come our way for a Summer Marketing Internship in Bellevue. Anyone in that area (yes, even recent graduates) looking for a Summer gig, this could be a great opportunity.
Netstar Communications, Inc., located in Bellevue, WA, is a telecom audit, cost-reduction and management company which helps companies reduce telecom and wireless costs and eliminate the stress of day-to-day telecom management.
What’s In It For You
- A Paid internship, $10-$14/hr depending on experience
- Real world experience
- Beginning of June – end of August
- Work hours 9AM – 4PM M-F
- Extended hours during one trade show – dates & times TBD
- A learning laboratory – because Netstar is a small business you will have opportunities to learn about different areas of a quickly growing business
- A final work product you can add to your portfolio
- Flexibility – we will accommodate up to 1 week of unpaid vacation time during the internship
What You Will Do
- The main objective of this position is to increase Netstar’s brand recognition and generate leads for prospective clients
- The marketing intern will work on a variety of tasks and projects, depending on Netstar’s needs
- Projects and tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a plan for online social networking and digital media. This includes creating guidelines & standards and training Netstar team members on how to use this medium effectively
- Assisting in the development of trade show booths, marketing tactics, and research about how to target specific audiences
- Participating in trade shows and interacting with potential clients
- Researching different marketing and advertising activities
- Writing and evaluating cost benefit analyses to recommend whether or not to take action on certain projects
- Creating unique and creative marketing strategies that either increase brand recognition or generate leads
- Developing metrics for how we measure & track marketing initiatives
- Modifying the current style guide to incorporate new marketing initiatives
- Writing content and publishing our “Customer Newsletter” through ConstantContact
- Collaborating with outside vendors to complete projects
What It Takes to Succeed
- An interest in marketing and an understanding of how it impacts the entire business
- A belief that marketing’s function is to support the sales team and generate awareness about the company
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Common sense
- Self-confidence and being comfortable making recommendations and communicating with upper-management
- Ability to work independently, as required
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to self-manage and strive for the best
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Preferred, but not required:
- Marketing experience with other companies
- Knowledge of social media/networking
- Sales or customer service
- Business, marketing, entrepreneurship and communications majors.
How to Apply
Send the following items to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Either: a letter of reference from a professor OR a writing sample.
You may also fax them to 425.865.0159. In the cover letter, tell us why you are the best candidate for the job, and what you’re looking for in an internship experience. Sell yourself!
Netstar Communications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those authorized to work in the US need apply.
Check www.netstarinc.com for more opportunities and details.