PHOTO ARCHIVIST (Part-Time): Are you a detail oriented person who loves organization? Do you enjoy photography and history? Then this unique opportunity may be perfect for you! The Spokesman-Review newspaper is recruiting for a part-time Photo Archivist (12-15 hours per week, flexible days Monday~ Friday) for our award-winning newsroom. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in ensuring that photos are entered accurately into the computer archiving system. Here’s what we will need you to do:
- Catalog photos from daily editions of the newspaper into the computer photo archive system.
- Research within photo archive for customers to find requested information.
- Handle photo sales and process payments for customers through phone and email requests.
- Scan historical photographs for archival purposes.
- Order photo supplies for the department.
- Submit photo equipment for repair.
- Opportunity for extra hours while covering vacations for clerical positions in the news room.
Requirements and Skills:
- Typing a minimum of 40 wpm. (Will be tested)
- Attention to detail, with excellent spelling skills. (Will be Tested)
- Basic skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Photoshop knowledge is preferred, but not required.
We work in a supportive team environment and offer $11.40/hour with a matching 401k after 90 days of employment. Spelling and typing skills will be tested upon application. Please apply in person between 8:30 am – 3:30 pm at The Spokesman-Review, 999 West Riverside Ave. or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & background check required on all finalists. Position open until filled.