REI is Hiring: Public Affairs INTERN 4 (Graduate Student) – HQ 4415
|Job Title:||Intern 4 (Temporary)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Department / Store:||PUBLIC AFFAIRS|
|Job Description:||REI has a opening for our summer 2012 EDF (Environmental Defense Fund) Climate Corps Fellowship. This temporary assignment is expected to commence in mid May and conclude in late August, 2012.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 30-40 hours (flexible).
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to support REI’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program (CSR) and REI’s cross-divisional Energy Team as a participant in EDF’s Climate Corps program.
• Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited institute, college, or university, or have recently graduated within the last 6 months. MBA candidate preferred
• Knowledge of sustainable business principles and frameworks essential
• Strong project management and research experience
• Preferred background in financial analysis and/or engineering, particularly around energy
• Corporate advisory or consulting experience
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy, use sound judgment and problem-solving skills, and effectively prioritize projects and assignments with limited supervision
• Ability to work independently, anticipate problems, and take appropriate action
• Desire to learn and develop additional skills and knowledge in the field of sustainability
Learn more about EDF Climate Corps:
• Watch our video, “Faces of Climate Corps” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCqgujNW_U
• Hear from the fellows themselves on the EDF+Business Blog and the Energy Exchange Blog
• Read about past engagements with companies, cities and universities on our Success Stories page
• Visit the EDF Climate Corps website to learn about the summer experience, results and participating organizations
Go to www.rei.com/jobs. Set up a Career Profile via Career Opportunities including your most recent resume and cover letter. Submit your profile to the position of interest.