Social Media Coordinator
Oregon Health & Science UniversityPosted: 1/13/2014 Location: Portland Closing Date: open until filled Industry: Communications Type: Full Time
The Social Media Coordinator assists with the development, implementation and measurement of social media strategies that support OHSU’s marketing and communications goals and advance the OHSU brand. The Coordinator works collaboratively to develop and execute social media campaigns and is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the success of social media efforts. The Coordinator is responsible for managing online communities across a variety of channels, creating original content and eliciting original content from multiple sources, and ensuring consistent, effective presentation of messages that advance the OHSU brand. The Coordinator works most closely with stakeholders in marketing and communications throughout OHSU and at the OHSU Foundation, focusing on specific areas of institutional emphasis as assigned by the Social Media Manager. The Coordinator works with and reports directly to the Social Media Manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or a related field
· Three years in communications or media relations, including the use of social media
· Broad knowledge of current and future trends in social media
· Specific knowledge of and practical experience both using and administering key social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
· Familiarity with measuring performance/results using key social media tools
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience developing social media and communication plans
· Experience with blogging platforms (e.g. WordPress) and/or other CMS. Some experience using Google Analytics.
· Degree plus appropriate professional certification (e.g., Digital Marketing certificate, Google Analytics certification, etc.)
· Five years in communications or media relations; experience in healthcare communications
· Knowledge of trends in use of social media in healthcare
· Experience developing and implementing successful social media campaigns
· Strong experience with CSS and/or HTML
· Experience with PPC
· Experience with SEO
· Familiarity with email marketing tools
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, photo editing, video creation and/or publishing)
· This position includes monitoring responsibilities with weekend/evening hours.
· The primary office location is in a cubicle in relatively close quarters with other workers and fairly frequent interruptions. This position is located on the Marquam Hill campus.
· The position includes an expectation of accountability during traditional business hours, but flexibility in scheduling and work location depending on the nature of work being performed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & EQUIPMENT USAGE:
· This position requires sitting for at least two hours at a time, with heavy use of a computer, cell phone and pager.
· Ability to lift and carry at least 25 lbs. Ability to speak clearly and make presentations to a variety of internal audiences.
Apply online to job IRC41855 at www.ohsu.edu/hr.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.