Social Media Marketing Intern
Meals on Wheels People, Inc.
The Social Media Marketing Intern will learn to develop strategy and maintain social media presences for Meals on Wheels People under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communication. Social media consists of blogs and maintaining presence on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and others as appropriate. Research, write and post articles about nutrition, seniors and volunteers. Monitor social media use and create monthly/weekly reports. Promote Meals on Wheels People goals and objectives in written material. May contribute to monthly e-news.
This is an UNPAID internship and may involve working from home.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and communication review, enhance and build on the organization’s social media presence.
• Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and communication perform continuous enhancements and modification to blogs and social media outlets, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and others as appropriate.
• Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and communication assess new standards, technologies and trends, and learn to formulate plans for future enhancement to social media strategies.
• Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and communication, research, write, edit and create layout for new articles and features to appear online.
• Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback.
• Interface collaboratively with marketing and IT to ensure cohesiveness between blogs and organization website.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possess engaging “conversational” writing skills with a professional posture.
• Must be computer and Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research.
• Must thrive in fast-paced environment.
• Must be proactive and have a strong proficiency with social media and practical learning to enhance internet presence for Meals on Wheels People.
• Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org