Accounting, Contracts, and Finance Summer Internships
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
The Business Systems Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is looking for summer 2013 interns with a strong background in accounting, finance, or contract management. Each of these positions is paid and consists of one or more rotational assignments in the Financial Operations, Contracts or Business Office functions.
Each successful candidate will be involved in a 13 week summer internship program with an opportunity to present in front of top management at our corporate location in Columbus, Ohio. Interns will be introduced and trained on multiple computer programs and various business systems throughout the summer.
A PNNL application must be on file before an interview is granted. Interested parties must apply online at
http://www.jobs.pnnl.gov/ under job ID #302024 (Accounting/Finance position) and/or job ID# 302025 (Contract position) before January 31, 2013.
PNNL is an EEO/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace. F/M/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Generally, successful candidate(s) will assist staff in any number of the following areas:
- Cash and/or general ledger reconciliations and problem analysis/resolution
- Varied functions including troubleshooting one-of-a-kind problems, research, and data analysis
- Assistance in tracking costs, budgets, and program funds by reviewing key data sources (including cost
reports) and interacting with staff on a regular basis
- Assistance in contract or acquisition administration, including Request For Proposal (RFP) preparation
- Supporting day-to-day operations in Financial Operations and Contracts
- Project proposal preparation by assembling cost estimates of some or all of the project components
(staff, equipment, administrative support)
- Process improvement development in areas such as accounts receivable or accounts payable
- Preparation of both periodic and ad-hoc financial reports for both internal and external customers
PNNL (www.pnl.gov) is located in Richland on the sunny eastern side of Washington State. We are one of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) ten national laboratories, proudly operated by Battelle for the DOE’s Office of Science.
PNNL performs research for other DOE offices as well as government agencies, universities, and industry to deliver breakthrough science and technology to meet today’s key national needs.
To learn more about what PNNL has to offer, contact Sarah Frost, BSD Intern Coordinator/Finance Specialist at Sarah.Frost@pnnl.gov or call (509) 372-4609.