Do you want to have the coolest on-campus job in the world? Apply to have MY job and be the Marketing and Social Media Intern for us, the Career Center & GAMP!
Marketing / Social Media Intern
Career Center & GAMP
General Information: As the Marketing/Social Media Intern you will be focused on gaining experiences through a variety of tasks. The Marketing/Social Media Intern will assist in all functions of social media marketing & with design and creation of marketing materials for effective event marketing for the Career Center & GAMP. This person will assist the department in key functions such as establishing branded content, creating engaging conversations in our social communities and writing exciting copy for all of our social channels to ensure we are fostering an educational and collegiate environment. The Intern will also assist in coordinating and implementing multiple projects including: writing for departmental and university blogs, media/press releases, collateral material relating to programing, monitoring web analytics, developing strategic marketing plans and doing research on target marketing, event planning and coordination, compile social media posting options, and completion of various administrative tasks.
The goal of this internship is to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare you the student for a successful career in marketing, communication/public relations. You will be given opportunity for input as a part of your experiential education consistent with your learning goals.
- Social/Electronic Media; Provide frequent updates to the Career Center & GAMP Facebook, Twitter, Career Center & GAMP blogs, Morning Mail, Newsletter & Career Center & GAMP website & YouTube videos. Collaborate in the creating & designing of student videos
- Traditional Media; Create & submit to The Bulletin, In-house publications (fliers, poster, banners, table tents, bulletin boards), the Wall, outreach tables, coffee sleeves & small info cards.
- Facilitate student forums & focus groups as determined by and under the direction of the Career Center & GAMP leadership team.
- Assist with event time-lines and coordination with vendors.
- Establish working relationships with all Career Center & GAMP staff, work study students and with the Career Center Representatives.
- Meet weekly with a supervisor to discuss timelines and updates on current projects & events
- Receive feedback and exit evaluation from your supervisor
- Give a presentation on your internship summarizing your achievements to the department & other constituents at the end of your internship
- Attend CCR and staff meetings as requested
- Self-motivated individual with excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Social media savvy including; twitter, facebook instagram, pintrest, and blogging
- Excellent online and computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Interested in applying your knowledge of current technology, curricular /co-curricular learning
- Organized, detail centered, capacity to work independently
- Relational and can work productively in team settings
|Employer:||Career Center & GAMP|
|Address:||502 East Boone Ave.
99258 United States