Entry Level Job Alert!
Yield Management Analyst
To apply, log into ZagTrax.net, go to “Jobs & Internships” and search “ZagTrax Jobs” with ID# 10076.
Applications are being accepted until April 14th for on-campus interviews April 23rd.
Submit a resume through ZagTrax.net AND follow the instructions to ALSO apply at https://careers.alaskaair.com/Alaska-Main.asp
– Analyze changes in market conditions such as competition, schedules, and fares to develop appropriate pricing and inventory allocation strategy
– Monitor and analyze booking levels and forecasts by flight, cabin and class to maximize revenue by adjusting the allocation strategy to take advantage of opportunities or changing business conditions
– Analyze tactical and strategic pricing initiatives and implement fare/tariff actions in order to proactively affect market share, yield, load factor, and revenue
– Review reports of historical revenue and operation performance, and advance booking information for the assigned markets each day by tracking booking patterns, over sales, no-show rates and cancellation rates for unsatisfactory performance and adjust flights as required
– Analyze data from the decision support system on critical flights and take appropriate action
– Maintain open communication and develop a good working relationship with counterparts in the Revenue Management, Scheduling, Reservations, CRC, Marketing, and Stations areas to ensure that revenue impediments are identified and corrected to ensure maximum revenue production
– Analyze special events taking into account market behavior, booking activity, and overbooking levels then develop strategy to adjust the decision support system parameters to compensate for special travel period abnormalities
– Identify seasonal demand fluctuation and insure the appropriate forecast methodology is in place for each of the seasons
– Develop market / flight strategy to match the expected demand of the various periods
– Identify alternative distribution channels to execute pricing and inventory strategies
– Perform ad hoc projects and reports as required
– Other duties as assigned
– Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Integrity, Professionalism, Resourcefulness and Caring
HOT JOB LEAD received from a Gonzaga Young Alum!
Seattle company is seeking a GU math, finance, accounting, economics, or other technical major!
This is for Serious Job Seekers Only
Below is the message we received:
“Northwest Plan Services, Inc., the company I started working for after I graduated from Gonzaga last spring, is hiring again and one of the principals asked for my assistance in possibly scoring another GU graduate. NWPS is located in West Seattle and is a small (~30 employee) consulting and actuarial firm. We specialize in retirement plan record-keeping, administration, and consulting for our clients that range from local companies to national organizations. The position they are looking to fill is for a Plan Analyst and it is ideal for someone with a strong math, finance, accounting and economics background. I have included the summary for the position below…”
Northwest Plan Services, Inc. is a growing, profitable West Seattle professional services company dedicated to providing high-quality retirement plan recordkeeping, administration, and consulting to our clients. We are currently looking for a career-minded, technically-oriented person to join our team as a Plan Analyst. The ideal candidate will have:
– A Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, or other technical major
– Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
– An eye for detail and accuracy
– Desire to learn and grow professionally in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Experience is not necessary. Position is salaried, plus the opportunity for a semi-annual bonus. We also offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
“From what I gather they are looking to start the interview process ASAP, so this opportunity would be ideal for any smart, responsible, personable, and unfortunately, still unemployed graduates that are moving back home to the Seattle area. Since they have not posted this position publicly yet, I ask that you please only forward this to any graduates that you know are still seriously/actively looking for a job.”
“If you have anyone in mind, they are more than welcome to shoot me an email if they have any questions [CONTACT THE CAREER CENTER & GAMP OFFICE FOR THIS ALUM’S CONTACT INFO firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-4234]. Otherwise, an email introducing themselves with their resume, cover letter and Gonzaga transcript attached can be directed to email@example.com.”