The Career Center & GAMP has been informed of the opportunity below by a prominent Gonzaga alum. If you are a Gonzaga student or graduate and a good fit for this role, please contact our office at 509-313-4021 so that we may put your name forward to the appropriate people.
EnCap is looking to hire a few Associates for our upstream investment staff in Dallas and in Houston. We will begin interviews in mid-June of this year for a Summer 2015 start date. A brief description of the position is attached. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of investment banking, commercial banking or industry experience. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, excellent modeling and writing skills, and an exceptional record of performance at current and previous positions. Previous E&P experience is a plus but not required.
EnCap is a private-equity firm with $18 billion under active management focused on the upstream and midstream sectors of the oil and gas business.
Description: The primary role of the Associate is to support the Investment Staff in all aspects of the Company’s business, including portfolio management and new opportunity evaluation. Portfolio management responsibilities will vary by company from time to time depending on the status of the investment and its management but, generally speaking, will include ongoing analysis of asset quality, asset value, capital efficiency, communications and opportunity evaluation.
Specific responsibilities of the Associate include:
• Analysis and review of opportunities for the current portfolio and new transactions
• Financial modeling and valuation of investment opportunities
• Assisting in various due diligence activities for transactions and fund raising efforts
• Supporting the Investment Staff with legal documentation
• Preparation of investment memorandums to be presented to the Partners and fund investors
• Continuous client relationship management (i.e. maintaining relationships within selected portfolio investments by working closely with management)
• Preparation of various EnCap presentations
• Performing and disseminating applicable industry research
• Assisting in new employee development and recruiting efforts
• Supporting the investor relations staff
• Performing other tasks in the best interest of EnCap
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
• Highly developed research and analytical skills (expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
• Exceptional record of performance at current and previous positions• Strong writing skills
• “Self-starter” with the ability to prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment