Have you actively created your Linkedin Profile yet? There are currently 9,500 Zags listed in Linkedin that are possible professional networking connections. Although you may have a Facebook profile, here are five top reasons you need to get active on Linkedin today.
1. Build a professional online presence: No more quizzes or college photos, just professional accomplishments and future goals.
2. Connect in a meaningful way with alumni and other “warm” contacts: Here is your “pre” established network:
- Fellow Alumni
- Gonzaga Staff & Faculty
- Parents and other relatives
- Friends (Peers and a few years older)
- Internship managers and colleagues
- Connections from volunteering
3.Research companies and career paths: Linkedin allows you to gain a creative edge when hunting for opportunities at dream companies. Alums from your college are now working at companies around the world, look
them up and make a connection.
4. Find opportunities with organizations that don’t recruit on campus: By using the search function, you can meet fellow Zags in companies and then request introductions.
5. Learn lifelong networking skills: From follow through to developing well written e-mails and thank-you’s, Linkedin allows for recent grads to hone lifelong skills in a dynamic real-time method.
For tips and tricks for recent graduates on making the most of Linkedin, check out their site at: http://grads.linkedin.com