||Community Engagement Intern
||Outreach and Marketing
||Spokane Lead Organizer
Work with the Lead Organizer to create and implement the strategies and processes necessary to successfully engage volunteers, community institutions, neighborhoods and individuals in order to achieve SustainableWorks’ goals of helping homeowners save energy and lower their carbon footprint all while creating quality jobs.
Summary of essential job functions
- Work with Lead Organizer to educate the public about home energy efficiency
- Assist with trainings for volunteers to serve as neighborhood volunteers and community leaders.
- Assist in recruiting institutions, creating & maintaining a neighborhood leadership team, planning public events and work directly with individuals to support neighborhood organizing efforts to achieve SustainableWorks’ goals.
- Various administrative tasks (phones, filing, etc.).
- Additional tasks to be determined based on needs of student and organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- Outstanding customer service, analytical, organizational and communications skills
- Strong computer skills including, Microsoft Office Suite
For more information and to apply e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SustainableWorks is a non-profit 501c3 that creates quality jobs for under-served populations and improves the environment with residential energy retrofit projects through community engagement and participation. It was started in Spokane in 2006, initially focusing on establishing a retrofit market in the under-served small commercial & non-profit sectors.
Holland America will be hosting an info session Monday November 23rd at 6-8 pm in the Road to Bali. The representative will discuss land based summer employment in Alaska as an opportunity for Gonzaga students.
The recruiter will hosting interviews in Spokane November 23-25th, so there is possibility of the info session developing into follow up with interviews immediately if students seemed interested.
For more information on open positions as well as to apply check out www.alaskatourjobs.com.
Washington State Dept of Labor and Industries: Communications Consultant 5
Seeking communication professionals with exceptional writing skills and equally strong communication planning skills to serve as key communication adviser and support to the agency’s largest division. http://www.lni.wa.gov/Main/FindAJob/bulletins/09150.asp
The following job leads were forwarded to the Career Center and we wanted to forward them along to job hunting Zags out there!
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is hiring a community outreach specialist in Portland. Experience with social media is helpful, but not required. Annual salary is approximately $44,000 – $77,000, depending upon education and experience. Submit resume by August 31 to “COS Hiring Manager” via mail: PO Box 709, Portland, OR 97207; Email: email@example.com; or fax:(503) 552-5465.
- Metro is seeking an associate public affairs specialist in communications in Portland. Annual salary is $49,329 – $66,056. Application deadline September 1.
- The Oregon Sustainability Center is hiring a fundraising director in Portland. Salary is negotiable. Screening begins September 1. Please submit resume and cover letter electronically to Liz Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org., or via the mail to P+OSI C/O Liz Hopkins, 1600 SW 4th Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97201.
- Gateway to College National Network is hiring a program manager in Portland. The salary range is $50,000 – $80,000 per year, including a comprehensive benefits package. Starting salary is typically in the first quartile of the range. Position closes September 11.
- Oregon Voice is hiring an executive director in Portland. Competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience. Apply by October 13.
- Defend Oregon is hiring an outreach organizer in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled. E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- OHSU Foundation is hiring a director of development in the School of Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology in Portland. Salary is commensurate with experience. Position is open until filled. Please forward a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From PR Jobs online:
- Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs, North Carolina State Ports Authority
- Senior Manager, External Relations, Ohio University
- Communications Associate, U.S. Green Building Council
- Public Relations Manager, Aloysius Butler & Clark
- Vice President Global Corporate Communications, Philips Healthcare
- Senior Account Executive, Stanton Communications
- Public Affairs Coordinator, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC
Insurance Brokerage firm is seeking an outgoing and driven candidate to travel the California area as a marketing representative. This position will be based out of their LA office, building business to business relationships. There will be great growth potential and advancement opportunities.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business or Public Relations. Must also possess an outgoing personality and sales aptitude. Some sales or customer service experience is helpful.
- Salary: 50k
- Full Benefits
- Travel expenses
For more information or to apply contact Marla Fruit at email@example.com.
- Would you like to assist Emergency and Water Managers in making critical decisions?
- Are you excited about using the latest technologies like radar, satellites, computers and advanced models?
- Would you like to work in the expanding area of water resources forecasting?
- Does helping to save lives and property during flood events interest you?
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Weather Service Office in Spokane, Washington may have a position for you as a Service Hydrologist Position.
Here are a handful of duties:
- Is responsible for evaluating and making recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the WFO/supported WFO hydrologic program.
- Preparing, issuing and providing quality control over the preliminary river and flood forecasts, as well as adaptive stage and flood forecasts.
- Alerting the Meteorologist In Charge (MIC) of deficiencies in products or procedures.
- Instructing and training other WFO personnel in operational aspects of the hydrology program.
- Managing the flash flood program for the WFO.
- Supervising the hydrological data acquisition network.
- Participating in the Community Preparedness and Outreach Programs.
For a full job listing, go to: www.usajobs.com and search for Job Announcement Number: NWS-WR-2009-0172
Not necessarily grad school, but to work? Are you still in the vicinity of the Pacific Northwest? Consider checking out the following position at North Idaho College:
Student Union Manager
- Provides direct management of the Edminster Student Union programs, services and self-sustaining operations including reservations, event services, custodial services, night and weekend operations, newsstands, ticket office, activity center, maintenance and preventative maintenance issues, safety issues, and emergency response.
- Responsible for the selection and supervision of full time custodial staff and other part time and student support staff.
- Directly involved in facility scheduling and planning for all events occurring in the Student Union including scheduling, organizing, staffing, accessing AV needs and directing setup and cleanup of each event.
For full job description and how to apply, go here.
$3,144 – $3,775 per month to start. Excellent benefits, including retirement. 100% of full-time.
Just as the summer is heating up throughout the Pacific Northwest (it’s hotter in Seattle/Portland than Spokane today!), I wanted to forward along a few job leads that have come into the Career Center recently. If you are job
hunting in Portland in the field of communications/non-profit or public relations, check them out!
- The Washington County Visitors Association is hiring a temporary part-time marketing assistant. Hourly salary is $10-$14, depending on experience. Apply by July 31. For the job listing go here. For the Association’s site, go here: http://www.visitwashingtoncountyoregon.com/
- Legacy Health is seeking a part-time communications specialist to lead internal communications planning. This limited duration position is in NW Portland and not expected to extend beyond 4th quarter 2011. Hourly salary is $22.34 – $33.37. Visit Legacy Jobs and search job number 09-0770.
- The Oregon Department of Revenue is hiring a communications manager. Monthly salary is $4,670 – $6,889. Position closes July 31.