Wurts & Associates is an independent, institutional investment consulting firm. Since 1986 we have been working closely with our clients and their other professionals to add value to their investment portfolios by providing research driven investment solutions that address their specific needs. We are looking for a talented professional who embodies our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance; 401(k) program with a company match; profit sharing; section 125 cafeteria plan; CFA sponsorship; 9 paid holidays; and 15 days of paid time off the first year of employment.
Strategic Research Analyst
Wurts & Associates is in search of self-motivated individual with a strong interest in the capital markets and investments to join the team in our downtown Seattle office.
The Strategic Research Analyst is responsible for supporting the strategic research process, which focuses on the medium to long term behavior of the capital markets and the products by which investors can access those markets. The analyst will be involved in helping develop and run tools and processes to allow us to create insights that our clients can effectively implement in their portfolios, and in helping find clear effective ways to communicate those insights.
Strategic Investment Research Support
▪ Work to provide research support on various topics including the macro-economic environment, capital markets, and quantitative modeling.
▪ Research, review, and produce reports on ways to improve our understanding of the investment management process, and how we can more effectively identify investment managers who are likely to be able to create long term investment value
▪ Help identify and discuss various return and risk drivers in the capital markets and then to focus on those where there is active value to be added.
▪ Help with the coordination and management of the existing research program
▪ Assist in creating specific research on a range of topics.
▪ Work on presentations to communicate our views on markets, managers and investment opportunities
▪ Support senior members of the Research team and the company in providing fast effective answers in an understandable fashion to answer client questions and address client needs
▪ Bachelor’s degree.
▪ Passed CFA Level I preferred.
▪ MBA, Masters of Finance or CFA Level II candidacy preferred.
▪ General investment and financial knowledge. Technical and analytical capabilities preferred.
▪ Strong verbal and written presentation skills are required.
▪ Proven time management/project prioritization skills.