The Study Abroad Office is looking for students who are interested in working in the Study Abroad Office for next academic year. These position are new positions and we are looking for students who are willing and wanting to promote the study abroad experience. The application deadline for the application is June 2nd and decision will be made by July 1st. Below is the description of the job. If you are interested in applying, please follow this link to apply. https://studyabroad.gonzaga.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=10112
Study Abroad Peer Ambassadors
Study Abroad Peer Ambassadors are study abroad returnees who are passionate and articulate about their study abroad experience and are willing to share their knowledge and experience with fellow students. We are seeking students who not only had overwhelmingly positive experiences but also those who struggled and gained new insight and perspective through their time abroad. Peer Ambassadors work on a part time basis in the Study Abroad Office and on special projects across campus. Their primary responsibilities are: to serve as liaisons between the Study Abroad Office and the student community through outreach and mentoring and to perform special projects to enhance the quality of the office and its student services.
• Be registered as Gonzaga Student
• Have participated in an study program through the Study Abroad Office
• Have strong communication skills
• Be able to take direction and work independently as well as with a team
• Possess basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software including but not limited to: Word, Outlook, Excel, and Publisher
• Attend Peer Ambassador training program the week before classes begin in the fall and weekly meetings thereafter.
• Be available to work in the Study Abroad Office approximately 8 to 10 scheduled hours per week, organized in two to three hour (minimum) blocks of time for two consecutive semesters. Then potentially work another 2 to 3 hours, non-scheduled, around campus doing various events and presentations on behalf of the Study Abroad Office.
General Peer Ambassador Responsibilities:
• Serve as a knowledgeable and reliable resource on campus to help students understand the process, opportunities, benefits, and challenges of studying abroad
• Serve as an initial point of contact for students
• Provide students with printed materials and help them navigate through Gonzaga’s Study Abroad Website
• Facilitate connections between students and Study Abroad staff, returned participants, or faculty members who may have more direct experience with the country, region, or program in which the student is interested
• Assist in development and delivery of workshops and presentations on different aspects of the study abroad experience including Study Abroad 101 Sessions, pre-departure sessions, re-entry sessions, special topic seminars, alumni panels, classroom presentations, and various campus community presentations
• Assist other members of the Peer Ambassador team with special projects as needed
• Post weekly on the Study Abroad’ s Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
• Perform clerical tasks
• Help to maintain the resource library so that students can access information of interest
• Special duties may be assigned depending upon the student’s expertise and knowledge.