Not necessarily grad school, but to work? Are you still in the vicinity of the Pacific Northwest? Consider checking out the following position at North Idaho College:
Student Union Manager
- Provides direct management of the Edminster Student Union programs, services and self-sustaining operations including reservations, event services, custodial services, night and weekend operations, newsstands, ticket office, activity center, maintenance and preventative maintenance issues, safety issues, and emergency response.
- Responsible for the selection and supervision of full time custodial staff and other part time and student support staff.
- Directly involved in facility scheduling and planning for all events occurring in the Student Union including scheduling, organizing, staffing, accessing AV needs and directing setup and cleanup of each event.
For full job description and how to apply, go here.
$3,144 – $3,775 per month to start. Excellent benefits, including retirement. 100% of full-time.
Although many higher education insitutions are cutting budgets here and there, this opportunity was recently forwarded to me by a colleague. Yes, the job is in Georgia. But, if you are considering working in higher education maybe this is a good opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Georgia Southern University is currently recruiting for an Activities Coordinator-Orientation & Parent Program with the Office of Student Activities.
- Provides assistance to the Assistant Director of Admissions in all aspects of planning, developing, and implementing all New Student Orientation, Parent Orientation, and Family Weekends.
- Major responsibilities include planning and implementing the summer and pre-semester SOAR programs for first-year students, parents, and transfers which requires coordination of all divisions of the University.
- Planning and implementing First Night Out at the RAC and Kids College; recruiting, selecting, training, and managing SOAR leaders and undergraduate and graduate interns; designing and preparing publications.
Minimum Experience Required: One or more years of work related experience; proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Applications software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to provide customer service; ability to work well in a diverse environment; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
When looking the job up on the website, use posting ID#: 0601908 . Closing date: 7-10-09