Teach For America Paid Internships and Seniors’ 4th Deadline 1/11/2013
See below for our 4th deadline for seniors to apply to Teach For America and a paid summer internship opportunity for underclassmen!
Seniors: Over the holiday break, your family and friends will ask you, “What are you doing after you graduate?” Tell them “Teach For America,” because improving the equity of our education system is one of the most important things our generation can do. Today, 4th graders living at or below the poverty line are on average three full grade levels behind their wealthier peers and have an 8% likelihood of graduating from college. Be the change. Education Transforms.
Next Application Deadline for College Seniors is Friday, January 11th
- Click here to view the application: www.teachforamerica.org/application
- See the impact you can have here: http://www.vimeo.com/teachforamerica or http://vimeo.com/46300099
Application requirements are simple, you could easily complete it in one day over the holiday break!:
- A Resume.
- A 500 word Letter of Intent explaining, “Why you want to join TFA.”
- No letters of recommendation required until your interview.
Teach For America is your opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of hundreds of students and families within our country. If you’re interested in gaining more information about TFA, please help us by taking 1 minute to fill out this survey for a chance to win an iPad, courtesy of Teach For America!
The Basics of Teach For America:
- Teach For America Corps Members are full-time teachers in a classroom
- All academic majors and backgrounds accepted (background in education/teacher certification is not required nor discouraged)
- Salary ranging from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits
- Americorps Education award of $11,100 in addition to loan forbearance and paid interest for two years
- Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 46 regions
- All grade levels (preK-12) and subjects including ELL, Special Education, and the arts
- Option to receive your certification and/or Masters in Teaching
- Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their societal impact
Underclassmen: Operations Coordinator Paid Summer Internship
This summer, Teach For America will run eleven institutes in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Mississippi Delta, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Memphis, Jacksonville and Tulsa. The purpose of institute is to train corps members and prepare them to assume full-time teaching responsibilities in the fall. We are looking for outstanding underclassmen to serve as operations coordinators (OCs) at each of the institutes. OCs will play an integral role in the daily operations of our program and gain professional development and unique insight into Teach For America.
Gonzaga University and Whitman College
Teach For America
Next Application Deadline: Friday, January 11th
One day, all children in this nation will have the opportunity to attain an excellent education