In just a handful of days Gonzaga University will be offically welcoming the incoming Class of 2013! Comprised of students from different backgrounds we know that this group of students will be an excellent addition to our Gonzaga community.
Did you know that career development can actually start your freshman year of college? Yes, I know that you have four long years here at Gonzaga, but it is never too early to start the exploration process to help define future goals. Whenever you are ready to dive into exploring your potential career paths, the Career Center is here for you. We are located on the 2nd Floor of Crosby from 8-4:30 M-F. From Drop in Hours to Resume Reviews, our friendly Career Center staff can coach you every step of the way.
Here are some tips for creating an explorative first year at Gonzaga:
Freshman Year: be Aware
- Visit the Gonzaga Career Center second floor of Crosby or call ext. 4234 for an appointment.
- Create a résumé or re-vamp your high school résumé. Find yourself getting stuck? Attend a résumé workshop, e-mail email@example.com for event details or to RSVP.
- Get involved in campus activities and clubs or volunteer.
- Contact the Office of Clubs & Organizations at ext. 6123 or click here.
- Contact Center for Community Action & Service Learning (CCASL) at ext. 6824 for volunteer opportunities.
- Visit the Student Employment Office and talk with staff to get acquainted with what jobs are available on campus and for which you are eligible (either FWS or Institutional). Even freshmen can handle working 10-12 hours per week.
- Attend a retreat through University Ministry and use time to reflect on values and interests. Contact University Ministry ext. 4242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with Academic Advisor to explore possible academic path, while getting to know other faculty, counselors and administrators.
- Browse “What Can I Do With this Major” to view options, types of industries and strategies you can use in preparation for career field.
- If you are unsure of your career path, make an appointment with the Counseling Center at ext. 4054 to begin the self-assessment process.
We look forward to meeting you and your parents this weekend. Welcome to the Gonzaga community!