Gonzaga University Offers 10% Military Discount

Our diverse range of degrees, from the online RN to MSN program to the Master’s in Communication & Leadership Studies, can help you achieve the success you deserve. Here at Gonzaga University, we recognize the value of our servicemen and servicewomen who bravely defend our country by offering a tuition discount.

This 10% tuition discount applies to active military service members, individuals in the reserves, as well as their spouses for the following master’s programs:

We recently had the opportunity to talk to two of our students who are currently taking master’s courses as well as actively serving in the military.

Meet Jodie Cornell

jodieJodie Cornell is currently enrolled in GU’s Communication and Leadership Studies (COML) program, while serving in the U.S. Navy as an Officer in Charge of the Navy Public Affairs Support in Virginia. Jodie is not only a full-time naval officer and student, she is also a busy mother to her four-year-old daughter.

Q: What would you say to your peers in the military about this program?

A: I have recommended the COML program to many of my colleagues. I’ve found it very beneficial to what we are doing in real time in the real world. I’ve been able to use my classes to analyze and look at what’s happening in real time and do something different than what I would have done without my new knowledge.

Q: Have you found the program flexible as it relates to your current role within the military?

A: Flexible, yes. Once I got past the initial anxiety of not being in school for 14 years everything has been going very smoothly.

Q: How has the program impacted your professional work within the military?

A: It’s influenced my decision making processes. I have people’s lives in my hands. The leadership portion specifically has helped me evaluate my approach toward conflict and the betterment of my sailors.

Meet Allen “Tator” Bowman

tatorAllen “Tator” Bowman is currently enrolled in GU’s Organizational Leadership (ORGL) program and serves in the U.S. Navy as a Maintenance Control Officer in San Diego, CA. In addition to being a full-time student and Navy officer, Tator is also a devoted husband and father.

A: From my first class, I found the ORGL program instantly relatable to today’s military environment. It solidifies the skills you already have and what you need to develop to be a leader. It’s a very relevant program.

A: You’re forced to take a hard look at yourself. I’ve found I’m actually changing as a person. I’m more tolerant, more calculated.

Q: What made you choose Gonzaga?

A: Gonzaga spoke to me from a Jesuit style and Christian background. I wanted to go to a school with people who had like interests.

To learn more about the military tuition discount available at Gonzaga and our online programs like the online RN to MSN program or Master’s in Organizational Leadership, please contact us at 1-866-380-5323 or guonlineadmissions@gonzaga.edu.

Featuring WPMU Bloglist Widget by YD WordPress Developer