MATL Testimonial – Josh Barnes

What do you do for a profession?

I teach freshman English at Jesuit High School in Sacramento, California.

Why did you decided to get your master’s in theology?

I decided to get my masters in theology because I want to be a campus minister, and I saw receiving my masters as the first step in that process.

What was your deciding factor(s) in choosing Gonzaga?

I chose Gonzaga because I am an alum. I was familiar with the teaching philosophy of the school and loved it so much I knew it would be a good idea again.

What has the online learning experience been like?

Online learning has been an adjustment. Without the classroom aspect, the responsibility really falls on the student, which has definitely caused me to shape up my study habits.

What impact do you think this degree will have on the work that you do in your profession and/or personal life?

I hope this degree will give me the opportunity to work more fully in the ministry field. As a person, I know it has already begun to strengthen and deepen my faith.

How has the cohort aspect/peer interaction of the program been?

The cohort is probably my favorite of this program. Working with the same people on a regular basis has allowed me to interact more fully with them in order to get the most out of my learning.

What has  been your experience with faculty?

The faculty are flexible, which is good when you work full time as well as go to school.

Featuring WPMU Bloglist Widget by YD WordPress Developer