Paid Internships in Northern California
from our friend Moryt at Internbound
Week of 9/14/15
NBCUniversal Human Resources Internships
NBCUniversal News Internships
NBCUniversal TV Programming, Production, Development & Scheduling Internships
NBCUniversal Film Production & Development Internships
NBCUniversal Business News at CNBC Internships
NBCUniversal Communications & Media Relations Internships
NBCUniversal Marketing Internships
NBCUniversal Accounting & Finance Internship Program
Market Strategy Sales Operations Graduate Internship (386789)
Accounting Intern – Summer 2016 (RTS) 
2016 Staff Accountant Intern 
2016 Staff Accountant Intern 
2016 Staff Accountant Intern 
Procter & Gamble Co.
Manufacturing Engineer – Internship-MFG00004861
Product Supply Engineering Internship-ENG00001790
Product Supply Engineering Co-op-ENG00001791
Human Resources Internship-HR 00002683
Manufacturing Engineer – Cooperative-MFG00004862
Northrop Grumman Corp.
Electrical Engineer Intern 
Software Engineer Intern 
Jive Summer Intern Program
Product Design, internship
Visual Designer, Internship
Internship: Product Engineer Job 
Internship: Product Marketing Manager Job 
Internship: Product Marketing Manager MBA (University Hire) Job 
Internship: Customer Service Rep Job 
Cypress: Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA,Inc.)
Cammack Retirement Group seeks ZAGS for entry-level Associate Account Manager position!
www.ZagTrax.net job # 16885
Attention recent GU grads who are interested in finance: Cammack Retirement Group is a consulting agency that works with GU on its retirement program, and they will be a stop on our NY Trek this fall. They have an entry-level Associate Account Manager position open and are eager for some Zag applicants:
“Our client servicing team is comprised of experienced Associate Account Managers and Account Managers who work directly with our diverse group of clients to manage projects involving the design, administration, and compliance of 403(b), 401(k), 401(a), and 457(b) plans. They respond to day-to-day inquiries from clients and serve as the primary contact for retirement plan service providers. Working in tandem with our investment advisory team to build and present detailed plan/investment review reports, they provide guidance to our clients. Our client servicing team also conducts education meeting with clients’ employees, to ensure understanding, and promote the usage of, retirement plan benefits.”
“Client service team members hold, or expect to obtain, the following licenses: FINRA Series 6, Series 63, and Series 65 (required for Account Managers), plus a state Life and Health Insurance license. They possess superior project management skills, an interest in the retirement industry, interpersonal skills to work directly with clients and plan service providers, the savvy to proactively resolve potential issues, and the flexibility to juggle several projects at one time.”
The position is posted in www.ZagTrax.net, job # 16885.
Porch (porch.com) is having a career fair on May 21, 2015 from 4-6pm at their Eastlake office and looking for recent Gonzaga grads!
Stephanie Huling (‘09) is a GU alum who reached out to the Career Center & GAMP with this opportunity. Stephanie was a PR major, Promotions minor. She said they have 12-15 Zags working their currently and she would like to see more! She offered her email address to share with Gonzaga candidates who are interested in positions so she can direct their resume to the right people: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a link for them to register for the career fair : http://porchcollegecareers2015.eventbrite.com.
ZAGS: Seeking a career in the Spokane area?
From entry level to professional, manufacturing to healthcare, transportation to finance, employers from Spokane’s many industries will be available to tell you what it takes to compete for their open positions. Come and connect with your future employer.
Polish up your résumé and get dressed for success. Spokane and North Idaho employers are ready to meet YOU!
Thursday, May 21st • 10am to 2pm • Spokane Convention Center
Free admission for job seekers
Learn how to earn free parking by visiting: www.workspokane.org
DCI Engineers contacted the GU Career Center. They are looking to hire an office manager, a position that would be ideally suited for a new Gonzaga graduate. Below are the qualifications, but most important are personality, enthusiasm, and willingness to run and organize a busy office.
DCI Engineers, a local fast-paced engineering company with an office in downtown Spokane, is currently seeking an entry level Office Manager. Successful applicants must be personable, outgoing, organized and able to perform front desk duties, office duties, general human resources and assist with marketing and accounting as needed. Some of the tasks will include:
- Answer and screen calls
- Answer inquires about the company and projects
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Perform general administrative and clerical dues such as filing, photocopying
- Maintain and run a well-organized office area
- Shipping and receiving
- Coordinate office events & assist with client events
- Coordinate New Hires set-up
- Maintain client database
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Highly organized, efficient and a self-starter
- Detail oriented Strong computer knowledge
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- This is full time position, salary DOE
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
ASSISTANT TO THE CEO (Part-Time, with possibility of turning into Full-Time):
Are you a business minded person who is able to prepare presentations while assisting with special research projects? Do you have strong organizational skills that reflect your ability to perform tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail? This role requires a professional, confident and disciplined individual with a “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor! If you fit this description, then we invite you to submit your engaging cover letter and resume for our part-time Assistant To The CEO Position (about 20-25 hours a week, with possibility of turning into full-time). Must have excellent judgment in a variety of situations. Strong MS Office Suite skills will ensure your success in this vital role.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Serve as the point of contact, and represent the CEO in a positive, professional manner
• Research, prioritize and follow-up on incoming issues, concerns, and projects addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines the appropriate course of action, such as referral or respond as needed.
• Assist the CEO as needed to the General Counsel’s Office on legal issues, and routine legal work
• Assist CEO on coordinating the annual budgeting and planning process, financial information as needed
• Manage the CEO’s calendar, by proactively monitoring to resolve conflicts and inefficiencies, while keeping the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments.
• Compose and edit correspondence, documents and presentations that are sometimes confidential
• Coordinate special projects as assigned by CEO
Skills & Requirements:
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Highly proficient MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to gather and analyze data, create reports, and make recommendations to CEO based on findings
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven success with project management, organization, prioritization and follow-up skills required
• Bachelor’s Degree or
5+ years of strong executive support experience preferred
Why it’s Great to Join Our Team:
We will be offering a salary that commensurate with experience. We are a highly energetic, innovative company with room to grow. We strive to maintain a casual, but professional and highly productive work environment for our team.
To apply: Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Your cover letter explaining why you would be an asset to our company and perfect for this position.
2) Your resume
3) The completed two-page application, which can be found at www.zayconfresh.com under Careers. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug & background check required on those selected for hire. Position open until filled.
What is a Walking School Bus?
A Walking School Bus is a group of students walking safely with trained and screened adult volunteers along a set route to school on a daily basis. If a child lives a short distance from a Walking School Bus route, he or she can walk to join the route at dedicated stops near their homes. Children living further from the school can join the Walking School Bus by being taken to a “Stop and Walk” location at the beginning of the route where volunteers will be present.
Who can join the Walking School Bus?
ALL CHILDREN ARE WELCOME!
Just sign up at your child’s school when they offer registration for the Walking School Bus program. Parents and caretakers of children enrolled in the WSB are welcome to walk with the bus whenever they are available.
The Walking School Bus will be accompanied by at least two trained, adult volunteers at all times. These volunteers can be parents, grandparents or community members who have passed a background check and are official school district volunteers. To learn more and request volunteer forms, call Annie at 509.324.1452 or email email@example.com.
Executive Director | First Night Spokane
About the Organization:
First Night Spokane is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization and part of the “National Association of Community based New Year’s Eve Arts Festivals”. As one of nearly 100 First Night celebrations around the world, we are a multi-cultural, artistically unique, alcohol free, family friendly and affordable public celebration that marks the passage from the old year to the new with art and festivity. First Night’s mission is to broaden and deepen the public’s appreciation of the visual and performing arts through an innovative, diverse and high quality New Year’s Eve program which offers the community a shared cultural experience that is inexpensive and accessible to all. For more information visit our site at: www.https://firstnightspokane.org/
About the Position:
We’re looking for a dynamic and talented leader to who will manage, all aspects of the First Night Spokane New Year’s Eve annual event, as well as the monthly First Friday events, and the curation of visual arts for the Kress Gallery. The Executive Director will have the oversight and management of the fiscal responsibility and operational integrity for these events, as well as other duties specifically assigned by the Board of Directors. This position requires demonstrated success in fundraising, board support and leadership. Successful candidates must bring a strong knowledge of fundraising, ability to lead/develop teams and proven experience managing the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization.
Program Oversight & Operations Include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of First Night Spokane’s program planning, implementation, evaluation and overall event quality.
- Create, develop and present fundraising and sponsorship proposals (both cash and in-kind).
- Research, develop, write and present grant writing opportunities.
- Establish annual financial goals, operating budget, and the annual event timeline for the approval by the Board of Directors.
- Plan and direct all aspects of First Night Spokane’s public relations policies, objectives, and ensure that all external communications result in positive public relations.
- Coordinate and manage all venue selection and contracting of facilities.
- Coordinate, contract, and supervise all visual and performing artist selections.
- Selection and coordination for visual and performing artists for First Friday events and for Kress Gallery.
- Create Strategic partnerships with Musicians Union, Spokane Arts Commission, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related field; or five-seven years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Successful event planning experience.
- Proven record of sales, fundraising and strategic planning.
- Experience creating and maintaining high-level relationships within the community.
- Strong knowledge of marketing, media relations and social media.
- Self-starter and creative thinker with experience producing results in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with a non-profit preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Non-Profit Salary
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter AND resume to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you may mail your cover letter and resume to First Night Spokane, Attn: Board of Directors, PO Box 977, Spokane, WA 99210. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled.