Executive Director | First Night Spokane
About the Organization:
First Night Spokane is a 501(c) 3 charitable organization and part of the “National Association of Community based New Year’s Eve Arts Festivals”. As one of nearly 100 First Night celebrations around the world, we are a multi-cultural, artistically unique, alcohol free, family friendly and affordable public celebration that marks the passage from the old year to the new with art and festivity. First Night’s mission is to broaden and deepen the public’s appreciation of the visual and performing arts through an innovative, diverse and high quality New Year’s Eve program which offers the community a shared cultural experience that is inexpensive and accessible to all. For more information visit our site at: www.https://firstnightspokane.org/
About the Position:
We’re looking for a dynamic and talented leader to who will manage, all aspects of the First Night Spokane New Year’s Eve annual event, as well as the monthly First Friday events, and the curation of visual arts for the Kress Gallery. The Executive Director will have the oversight and management of the fiscal responsibility and operational integrity for these events, as well as other duties specifically assigned by the Board of Directors. This position requires demonstrated success in fundraising, board support and leadership. Successful candidates must bring a strong knowledge of fundraising, ability to lead/develop teams and proven experience managing the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization.
Program Oversight & Operations Include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of First Night Spokane’s program planning, implementation, evaluation and overall event quality.
- Create, develop and present fundraising and sponsorship proposals (both cash and in-kind).
- Research, develop, write and present grant writing opportunities.
- Establish annual financial goals, operating budget, and the annual event timeline for the approval by the Board of Directors.
- Plan and direct all aspects of First Night Spokane’s public relations policies, objectives, and ensure that all external communications result in positive public relations.
- Coordinate and manage all venue selection and contracting of facilities.
- Coordinate, contract, and supervise all visual and performing artist selections.
- Selection and coordination for visual and performing artists for First Friday events and for Kress Gallery.
- Create Strategic partnerships with Musicians Union, Spokane Arts Commission, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related field; or five-seven years related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Successful event planning experience.
- Proven record of sales, fundraising and strategic planning.
- Experience creating and maintaining high-level relationships within the community.
- Strong knowledge of marketing, media relations and social media.
- Self-starter and creative thinker with experience producing results in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with a non-profit preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Non-Profit Salary
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter AND resume to email@example.com OR you may mail your cover letter and resume to First Night Spokane, Attn: Board of Directors, PO Box 977, Spokane, WA 99210. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled.