Rebuilding Together Seattle (www.rtseattle.org) offers an ongoing, part-time internship program
geared toward current college students. The intern is supervised by the Executive Director and Director
of Programs, and works on various projects, including Program, Development, Marketing, and Outreach
related tasks. The intern’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
INTERNSHIP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating the RTS client application process
- Answering the phones and conducting interviews with clients
- Helping execute rebuilding day logistics
- Assisting with social media marketing activities
- Maintaining the RTS database
- Printing and tracking thank you notes to individual and in-kind donors
- Organizing office supplies and assessing RTS warehouse inventory
- Conducting and tracking outreach communications
- Assisting with annual fundraiser and program event planning
- Conducting sponsor and grant research
- Assisting with mailing projects and events
- Other miscellaneous program and administrative projects
REQUIRED QUALITIES & SKILLS
- The intern must show excellent attention to detail
- The intern must have strong writing and communication skills (verbal and written)
- The intern must be organized, responsible, and a team player
- The intern must be patient, flexible, and comfortable working with a diverse group of individuals
- The intern must have some knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE & HOURLY RATE
- The intern must work a minimum of three days per week (approximately 15-20 hours per week).
- Normal RTS office hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- The RTS Internship position begins as a non-paid, temporary position for all candidates.
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME to email@example.com with the subject line:
“Intern Applicant.” RTS will contact you if we would like to schedule an interview. For more information
about RTS, please visit www.rtseattle.org.