Entry Level Accounting Position in Seattle
Daniels Real Estate is seeking a ZAG for an entry level business accounting position!
This highly successful company offers unlimited possibilities for professional growth!!
Apply through ZagTrax.net under Job # 10044
Accounting, Contracts, and Finance Summer Internships
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
The Business Systems Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is looking for summer 2013 interns with a strong background in accounting, finance, or contract management. Each of these positions is paid and consists of one or more rotational assignments in the Financial Operations, Contracts or Business Office functions.
Each successful candidate will be involved in a 13 week summer internship program with an opportunity to present in front of top management at our corporate location in Columbus, Ohio. Interns will be introduced and trained on multiple computer programs and various business systems throughout the summer.
A PNNL application must be on file before an interview is granted. Interested parties must apply online at
http://www.jobs.pnnl.gov/ under job ID #302024 (Accounting/Finance position) and/or job ID# 302025 (Contract position) before January 31, 2013.
PNNL is an EEO/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace. F/M/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Generally, successful candidate(s) will assist staff in any number of the following areas:
- Cash and/or general ledger reconciliations and problem analysis/resolution
- Varied functions including troubleshooting one-of-a-kind problems, research, and data analysis
- Assistance in tracking costs, budgets, and program funds by reviewing key data sources (including cost
reports) and interacting with staff on a regular basis
- Assistance in contract or acquisition administration, including Request For Proposal (RFP) preparation
- Supporting day-to-day operations in Financial Operations and Contracts
- Project proposal preparation by assembling cost estimates of some or all of the project components
(staff, equipment, administrative support)
- Process improvement development in areas such as accounts receivable or accounts payable
- Preparation of both periodic and ad-hoc financial reports for both internal and external customers
PNNL (www.pnl.gov) is located in Richland on the sunny eastern side of Washington State. We are one of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) ten national laboratories, proudly operated by Battelle for the DOE’s Office of Science.
PNNL performs research for other DOE offices as well as government agencies, universities, and industry to deliver breakthrough science and technology to meet today’s key national needs.
To learn more about what PNNL has to offer, contact Sarah Frost, BSD Intern Coordinator/Finance Specialist at Sarah.Frost@pnnl.gov or call (509) 372-4609.
HOT JOB LEAD received from a Gonzaga Young Alum!
Seattle company is seeking a GU math, finance, accounting, economics, or other technical major!
This is for Serious Job Seekers Only
Below is the message we received:
“Northwest Plan Services, Inc., the company I started working for after I graduated from Gonzaga last spring, is hiring again and one of the principals asked for my assistance in possibly scoring another GU graduate. NWPS is located in West Seattle and is a small (~30 employee) consulting and actuarial firm. We specialize in retirement plan record-keeping, administration, and consulting for our clients that range from local companies to national organizations. The position they are looking to fill is for a Plan Analyst and it is ideal for someone with a strong math, finance, accounting and economics background. I have included the summary for the position below…”
Northwest Plan Services, Inc. is a growing, profitable West Seattle professional services company dedicated to providing high-quality retirement plan recordkeeping, administration, and consulting to our clients. We are currently looking for a career-minded, technically-oriented person to join our team as a Plan Analyst. The ideal candidate will have:
– A Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, or other technical major
– Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Excel
– An eye for detail and accuracy
– Desire to learn and grow professionally in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Experience is not necessary. Position is salaried, plus the opportunity for a semi-annual bonus. We also offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees.
“From what I gather they are looking to start the interview process ASAP, so this opportunity would be ideal for any smart, responsible, personable, and unfortunately, still unemployed graduates that are moving back home to the Seattle area. Since they have not posted this position publicly yet, I ask that you please only forward this to any graduates that you know are still seriously/actively looking for a job.”
“If you have anyone in mind, they are more than welcome to shoot me an email if they have any questions [CONTACT THE CAREER CENTER & GAMP OFFICE FOR THIS ALUM’S CONTACT INFO email@example.com or 313-4234]. Otherwise, an email introducing themselves with their resume, cover letter and Gonzaga transcript attached can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.”
The CFO of AMMEX is seeking a recent grad or current graduate student for a special project, Financial Analyst/Model Builder with MBA skill set:
“The purpose of the engagement is to build a forecasting and analysis model that will provide us with a good road map on what we need to push forward on to lever our focus and resources on in order to maximize our ability to grow the business. It will be a long range planning and forecasting model. The engagement should last through the end of March and potentially expand to other areas as we identify those through this process.”
Approximately 20 hours/week at $20-30/hour DOE. Possibility of working remote from Spokane or other locations can be discussed.
AMMEX needs someone who is a self starter and has the capability to do the following:
- Strong Financial Analysis background
- Business savvy with the ability to see a business as a whole, while working through details
- Excel expert
- Model building experience, preferably Long Range Planning/Investment modeling
o Discounted Cash Flows
o Business Valuation
o Key Ratio Analysis/Modeling
- Capability to create and interpret various financial analysis methods to determine key drivers for a business and forecast those
Please contact the Gonzaga Career Center & GAMP office ASAP to apply; call 509-313-4234 and ask for Kevin, Belinda, or Jenn. We will provide you with the CFO’s contact information.
About AMMEX Powerful Partners:
AMMEX, headquartered in Kent, Washington is one of North America’s leading industrial products wholesalers. We distribute metal cabinets, gloves, ancillary products and auto parts to over 10,000 businesses in the United States from a network of three Distribution Centers.
AMMEX provides a wide range of services, from sourcing products in China, to our innovative marketing program. AMMEX is here to support our customers’ sales and marketing, we’ll help you find it, buy it, and sell it.
AMMEX provides both emerging and established companies the ability to outsource production, item assembly, importation and distribution nationwide. AMMEX takes care of all the challenges associated with overseas transactions so you can focus on growing your business.
The AMMEX solution is much more than just “sourcing” or “logistics management”. The AMMEX family of companies has been growing for over 20 years, importing and distributing our own product lines. We provide a range of AMMEX merchandise to thousands of customers, including the U.S. Government and Fortune 500 companies.
Throughout Asia we have built a team of manufacturers who can produce a wide variety of products, from automobile axels to CPR devices. We have decades of experience in taking products from conception to delivery. With over 10,000 customers nationwide, you can leverage our existing network of international/domestic freight contracts and U.S. warehouses to keep your costs at a minimum.
- Alegria & Co.
- Barrett & Co.
- Berntson & Porter
- Clark Nuber
- McDirmid, Mikkelsen & Secrest
- Moss Adams
- Nicholas Knapton, P.S.
- Peterson Sullivan
Also, check out our tips for having success with the recruiting season this fall!
As of August 12, 2010
Hard to believe, but the recruiting season for accounting summer internships for 2011 is right around the corner! The Career Center is here to help you to navigate the application process each step of the way!
Our recommendations is for these steps to be completed by September 1st to ensure that all deadlines for application process are met in plenty of time.
What do I need to do before I can apply for accounting recruiting?
- Create a ZagTrax Account– If you are new to ZagTrax.net you will first need to create a profile to assist you with your employment search.
- To begin, go to www.zagtrax.net to access the login screen
- Click on the “for students/alumni” link
- Click on “Register”
- Enter your GU student ID number (NOT YOUR SS#).
- Fill in the asterisked fields and select a username (preferably your GU email) and click Submit. You will receive a verification email from the Career Center including your password soon. Click on the link in the email, this will verify that the email entered is yours. NOTE: Please allow 24 hours for your account to be approved by the Career Center.
- After receiving confirmation, login to your new ZagTrax.net account and complete your profile. Click on Profile at the top of the screen. Complete your personal and academic information thoroughly. Employers use these fields to find target students that meet their criteria and the Career Center uses them for statistical information.
- After completing all necessary fields for your profile click Save Changes And Continue (You may update your information at any time as your status changes).
- Make sure your resume is in good shape
- Drop-in Hours are Tuesdays from noon to 1:00.
- Make an appointment by call 313-4234 or email email@example.com
- Click the Events tab at the top of your screen to see the available options for Resume Workshops
- Upload your resume
- Create your resume using Microsoft Word or similar word processing program (not a template).
- Log into your account using the username and password you created.
- Click on Documents at the top of the screen.
- Click Add New at the bottom of the screen.
- Create and enter a name for this resume in the “label” bar that will distinguish it from others you upload.
- Select document type: “resume.”
- Click Browse to locate the resume you saved. When you locate the resume, click on the title.
- Click Submit.
- Make sure you have an unofficial copy of your transcript in ZagTrax. Some Employers do require it, it is your responsibility to contact the Career Center after your grades are in at 313-4234 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and give us your name and ID number, we will order the transcript, scan it and upload it to your documents.
- Make sure you have letters of recommendation in ZagTrax. Have the letter writer send their letter directly to the Career Center by Fax, Email or hard copy.
Address: 502 E. Boone Ave MSC 2462
Spokane, WA 99258
- Where do I find the Accounting Jobs?
- Go to ZagTrax.net
- Select Students
- Login with your username and password, if you have difficulty logging in use the ‘forgot password’ feature or contact the Career Center at 313-4234 or email@example.com
- Click the Jobs tab
- Select ZagTrax Jobs
- Change the “Show Me” box to: ‘All interviews’ and the “Industry” to “Accounting/Finance/Insurance”
This information will be updated as information comes in from the Accounting firms and firms will be added frequently.
How do I apply for the job?
- Once you have found the job you want to apply for click the job title.
- To the right you will see an “Application Status” box, select which resume, which cover letter and which transcript you would like to send and click Submit. If you do not have one uploaded you do have the option to add one in the Application Status box as well.
***IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you are watching the “RESUME SUBMISSION END” dates. That is the date you have to submit your materials and every employer will be different. ***
Andrew Rieder of the Alumni Association shot the video from last week’s New York Trek from the New York Stock Exchange. Among the various stops along the tour, the eight selected Gonzaga students were able to see first hand the workings of the NYSE.
Interested in attending the NYC Trek next year? Space is limited and application are made available in the Spring. If you don’t want to wait until then for an eye-opening Trek experience, consider joining us for the Portland (Jan, 5th) and Seattle (Jan. 7-8) Treks this winter. Be on the look out for registration announcements!
Several Gonzaga students are in New York this week for the Annual GAMP New York Trek. Today the students had an opportunity to visit several high profile financial institutions in New York including the New York Stock Exchange, Deutsche Bank and the J.P. Morgan Chase headquarters. Students have the chance to sit down with several high ranking officers from these organizations and ask key questions about careers in the financial industry. Here’s a great photo of our students in front of the famous Wall Street Bull in the financial district.
We’ll send you more updates as the week unfolds.