Scafco Corporation is looking for a Communications and Marketing Intern (ZagTrax Job Posting # 12255)
Seattle Police Department seeks GU students! Below is a list of their upcoming internships!
Seattle Police Headquarters
Seven Internships are Currently Open for Application!
Community Outreach Internship
Video Production & Forensic Digital Imaging Internship
Professional Standards Internship
Crime Analysis Internship
Use of Force Internship
Domestic Violence Victim Support Team Internship
Please contact the Career Center & GAMP office to receive the flyer with application instructions and job details for each of these internship positions. You may e-mail email@example.com or call 313-4234 or stop by our office located on the second floor of Crosby in Room #211.
American Junior Golf Association seeks Summer Interns!
Each year, the AJGA hires more than 50 interns to assist with either Tournament Operations or Communications at junior golf tournaments across the country! The paid internship is a hands-on experience that provides leadership and networking opportunities for young professionals passionate about working in the golf (or sports) industry!
Check out this video to see what the internships entail: http://vimeo.com/55486835
Go to www.AJGA.org/careers for more info!
Digital Content Manager
Washington Trails Association (WTA) is seeking a highly creative communications professional who is passionate about hiking and experienced in online engagement tools and strategies.
About Washington Trails Association
WTA is the largest statewide hiking organization in the country. The website (wta.org) attracts more than one million unique visitors per year. WTA’s trail maintenance program deploys more than 2500 volunteers on 150 trails throughout the state. A bi-monthly full-color magazine showcases hiking. Advocacy, youth and outreach programs engage hikers of all ages and interest levels. The communications program sits at the nexus of this work.
As a member of WTA’s communications team, the Digital Content Manager will be the primary writer, editor and publisher of content on the organization’s digital communications platforms including the website, blog, e-newsletters and social media. WTA is looking for an exceptional writer with strong experience in online content management and user engagement. The Manager must have a solid understanding of how to effectively use social tools like Facebook and Twitter and other social media, and demonstrated success in inspiring and engaging people online. The Manager must have demonstrated ability to write in a sophisticated, yet inspiring and fun, voice that complements WTA’s other external communications.
- Write, edit, publish and maintain original content for the website that is informative, relevant, inspiring and engaging to hikers – and that supports WTA’s programs. This includes dynamic feature content about where to go hiking, information that coincides with WTA campaigns and semi-static content throughout the website. WTA uses Plone CMS.
- Manage a high-content daily blog by contributing ideas to the editorial calendar, writing 2-3 blog posts per week, and assigning and editing submissions from other staff and volunteers.
- Direct WTA’s new media by engaging hikers through Facebook (16,700+ fans), Twitter (4,100+ followers), Google+, and Pinterest on a daily basis.
- Write and distribute Trail News, a monthly e-newsletter that goes to 20,000 subscribers. Assist in the development of other e-newsletters: The Green Hat and Families Go Hiking.
- Monitor and post user-generated content, including Hiking Guide additions and comments to Trip Reports and The Signpost Blog.
- Create online graphics and regularly edit photos for the website.
- Collaborate with other communications and program staff on editorial calendars and direction of work.
- Analyze website, newsletter and social media statistics.
- Maintain solid working knowledge of website function and how to troubleshoot basic problems.
- Monitor website performance and communicate regularly with outside consultants and developers to ensure it is functioning smoothly.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in online communications, with demonstrated experience with online campaigns that create change.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about hiking in Washington state.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Genuine passion for social media and new technology.
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to map daily responsibilities to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Experience directing social media campaigns to build community and deepen engagement.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines, while juggling multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of content distribution across multiple platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain good professional relationships with staff, board, volunteers and contributors in person and by writing/phone.
- Experience using Adobe products such as Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Experience with email marketing software (such as Exact Target) and email campaigns.
- Experience with creating audio podcasts and video a plus.
- Experience using Salesforce a plus.
- Basic graphic design skills strongly preferred.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
This is full-time salaried position based in our Seattle office. Compensation is DOE and includes a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, HRA, retirement, disability, transportation, and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Send a cover letter, resume and a 100-word description of your favorite hike to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference the job title “Digital Content Manager” in the subject line. Applications accepted until May 11, 2012.
Washington Trails Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Full Job Description: http://www.wta.org/about/job-opportunities/digital-content-manager
INHS (Spokane, WA) has two amazing internship opportunities!!
1. Marketing & Communications Internship
2. Multimedia Communications Internship
THURSDAY MARCH 8th
12 to 1 pm
Foley Teleconference Room (Foley Library)
RSVP is appreciated: zagtrax.net (events tab)
Join local KHQ anchorman Dan Kleckner as he shares insights on his career in the communications field! How did he get there? What advice would he give to someone entering the field? What does it mean to be an informed citizen in today’s world?
As an Emmy-award winning Sports Anchor, Dan’s sports career highlights include: Traveling with the Gonzaga Bulldogs when the Zags made their first NCAA appearance in 1995, carrying the Olympic Torch as the flame made its way across the country to Atlanta in 1996, and meeting his boyhood idol, Chicago Bears Hall-of-Famer, Gale Sayers.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! Don’t Miss It!
Contact the Career Center & GAMP office with questions: 313-4234 or email@example.com
RSVP is appreciated: zagtrax.net (events tab)
Communication & Marketing Internship with Vemayca in Seattle!
This internship is perfect for a student looking to gain experience and mentorship in the communications, public relations, social media realm. The intern will work from Spokane, but have constant communication with supervisor in Seattle. The intern program will start on March 1, 2012 and end on May 30, 2012 and has a monthly stipend of $150!
“Vemayca sells luxurious cosmetic bags that feature an exclusive, removable Soft Pearl Liner. Our cosmetic bags have been featured on King 5-NewDay Northwest, Better TV and in Seattle Picks. We are seeking an intern who is interested in adding real world experience on their resumes.”
Students can apply directly through ZagTrax. Job ID # 7489.
A Gonzaga alum has a position to fill in San Francisco. He would like to give a fellow ZAG first priority to apply for the position! Please contact Jenn Klein in the Career Center & GAMP office (313-4234) for more information on applying directly with the hiring manager. Here is a direct quote from the GU alum: “I am looking for a high quality individual who has integrity, work ethic, and a strength in communicating ideas. I am available anytime to discuss this position. Thought I would give Gonzaga alumni the first crack at this job. Please have anyone that is interested get back to me by Tuesday next week. A candidate needs to be chosen in the next 2 to 3 weeks.”
Lead Development Representative (LDR)
Company Overview: Birst is the leading provider of on-demand business intelligence solutions. With its comprehensive Cloud BI Suite, Birst brings the benefits of fact-based decision-making to a much broader audience than traditionally served by making it affordable, fast, and easy to use. Unique to Birst is its integrated data warehousing and business intelligence approach that delivers a standards-based, comprehensive solution for midsized organizations.
Birst is the winner of the 2012 Cloud Awards, the Red Herring Global 100 Award, the TDWI Best Practices Award, and the Web Award for Software Standard of Excellence. Birst customers include Citrix, RBC, Securian, Dunn & Bradstreet, Key Technology, and other leading organizations.
Position Summary: Lead Development Reps are an essential part of the marketing team’s lead generation activities. Birst LDRs fill the sales funnel with qualified opportunities making the sales team and process much more efficient. LDRs are highly motivated, sales development professionals, passionate about evangelizing Birst business intelligence. Strong sales and communication skills are required to qualify prospects for Birst’s sales team.
The Lead Development Representative (LDR) will be assigned to a specific geographic territory and be responsible for lead generation / lead qualification to drive new business. The LDR will aggressively follow-up on inbound marketing program leads through LDR initiated calling. The LDR will also work with the Inside Sales Reps, to hand-off qualified leads through thorough lead profiling and professional introductions.
Lead Development Representatives are responsible for a number of daily activities that enable a strong team selling environment including:
1. Qualify marketing leads according to Birst Totally Qualified Lead (TQL) standards with hand-off to Birst sales representatives.
2. Clearly communicate Birst’s value proposition over the phone by thoroughly understanding the Birst solution.
3. Overcome objections and effectively respond to prospect questions relating to Birst products, competitor products and other business or technical issues.
4. Develop a quarterly plan working with sales reps to achieve lead qualification objectives.
5. Continually optimize lists and calling strategy using Birst’s sales force automation systems.
6. Maintain close relationship with sales organization to hand-off qualified leads, schedule sales calls, and collect feedback on quality and outcome of leads.
7. Target 60 dials per day and complete administrative tasks (e.g. developing lists, processing leads, etc.) outside of territory primary dialing hours.
8. Become completely proficient with Birst’s sales force automation system and provide detailed updates on all prospecting efforts following standard process.
9. Follow up on all qualified leads to update Birst’s sales force automation systems and ensure area sales reps engagement with the qualified prospect.
10. Achieve all lead qualification quotas and program goals set on a quarterly and annual basis, which include call volumes, and number of qualified leads.
Telemarketing or telesales experience in a high-tech, business-to-business environment with outbound cold calling and appointment setting desired. College degree preferred.
- Experience discussing/pitching a feature rich product desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral & written) skills.
- Excellent knowledge of telemarketing best practices and proven qualification skills via phone
- Proven comfort and skill to navigate through all levels of an organization
- Be an energetic, enthusiastic, honest, hardworking, ambitious, and results-oriented personality who appreciates a people-focused, integrity-based, start-up environment.
The Spokane Arena has posted a year-long Marketing Internship on ZagTrax. It can be found by searching ID# 7435. This is an excellent opportunity for students in the Marketing and PR fields of study! Note: the deadline is quickly approaching: February 13th
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL EXEMPLIFY THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
• Self-motivating individual who can execute given tasks with little instruction.
• Creative person who can think outside of the box and has the ability to follow through on ideas.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented individual with an eye for design.
• An individual with excellent interpersonal skills who is willing to go outside of their comfort zone to
complete tasks and projects.
• A team player who is able to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to retain important information.
• Able to handle stressful situations with class, professionalism and a positive attitude.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and various Microsoft programs:
Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Working towards a Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
• Working knowledge of web programming language helpful but not required.
• Prior event marketing experience helpful but not required.
Interns will be required to work 20 hours per week beginning April 2012 through March 2013.
HOW TO APPLY:
This Internship can be found on www.ZagTrax.net under ID# 7435
Résumés and Cover Letters are due MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13 by 10 a.m.
REI is Hiring: Public Affairs INTERN 4 (Graduate Student) – HQ 4415
|Job Title:||Intern 4 (Temporary)|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Department / Store:||PUBLIC AFFAIRS|
|Job Description:||REI has a opening for our summer 2012 EDF (Environmental Defense Fund) Climate Corps Fellowship. This temporary assignment is expected to commence in mid May and conclude in late August, 2012.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 30-40 hours (flexible).
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to support REI’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program (CSR) and REI’s cross-divisional Energy Team as a participant in EDF’s Climate Corps program.
• Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited institute, college, or university, or have recently graduated within the last 6 months. MBA candidate preferred
• Knowledge of sustainable business principles and frameworks essential
• Strong project management and research experience
• Preferred background in financial analysis and/or engineering, particularly around energy
• Corporate advisory or consulting experience
• Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and diplomacy, use sound judgment and problem-solving skills, and effectively prioritize projects and assignments with limited supervision
• Ability to work independently, anticipate problems, and take appropriate action
• Desire to learn and develop additional skills and knowledge in the field of sustainability
Learn more about EDF Climate Corps:
• Watch our video, “Faces of Climate Corps” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCqgujNW_U
• Hear from the fellows themselves on the EDF+Business Blog and the Energy Exchange Blog
• Read about past engagements with companies, cities and universities on our Success Stories page
• Visit the EDF Climate Corps website to learn about the summer experience, results and participating organizations
Go to www.rei.com/jobs. Set up a Career Profile via Career Opportunities including your most recent resume and cover letter. Submit your profile to the position of interest.