header image

Attack on US Consulate in Libya

Posted by: Annie Voy | September 12, 2012 | 2 Comments |

Four U.S. diplomats including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya were killed Wednesday in an apparent terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. More information here and here.

under: Current Events
Tags: ,

Responses -

The attack on the U.S. Embassy in Libya is quite alarming. After I read the first article, it was clear that something terrible happened there but the pictures from CNN I think really made the point. They attributed the attack to a terrorist group, which I thought was right. Because as bad as the attack was, it was great to see that the people’s belief in democracy wasn’t shattered. Almost unanimously, the people still felt that democracy was the right choice. As we read, sometimes terrorist groups will try to play on the sympathy that they are freeing the people when all they are really looking for is an easy way to gain control.

I agree with what Sieg has said here. However, I am wondering…how much worse is it going to get? It seems like whenever terrorists stir things up, America feels like it needs to get involved. This is just my opinion, but the last thing we need to do is deploy more of our troops over there, into a place where there is so much anti-American sentiment. Touching on what Sieg said (again) I do not think that these terrorists are trying to ‘free’ the people of Libya. There are looking for more power and control, which is something that needs to be kept out of their hands.

Categories