Airport Travel Time: Inside & Out

Spokane Airport 

By: Natalie Hastings, Class of 2015

Location: 9000 W Airport Dr, Spokane, WA 99224

Travel Time: 15-minute drive from campus

Many of you will be pleased to find out that the Spokane Airport is only 15 minutes away from campus! Being an avid traveller and spending many many hours in airports, I can say that Spokane is easily one of my favorite airports to fly out of because it is the least stressful flying experience. Not only is the airport a 15-minute drive from campus but it also takes no more than 20 minutes to get to your gate WITH checking a bag. Now there are some exceptions, like during holidays, when I would suggest getting to the airport a little earlier than normal but on average I would said you really only need to get to the airport about 1 hr, maybe 1 hr & 15 mins — if checking a bag, before your flight takes off. The secuirty lines have never been longer than 30 people and I have been flying in and out of Spokane for four years. Sometimes you get lucky and there’s only one person in front of you in the security line. I have also noticed that you will almost always fly into Spokane 10 minutes early. So if you have friends planning to come pick you up, make sure they are there a little earlier than normal. Flying can be stressful for some so keep these facts in mind about our awesome Spokane airport before you fly. 🙂