Welcome to Gonzaga! Friday, August 28th 2015 is the first day freshman can move into residence halls. Four major changes in traffic flow on the university campus will allow easy access for unloading and parking:
• Cincinnati Street from the Centennial trail to Desmet Avenue will only be a northbound, one-way street.
• Desmet Avenue from Cincinnati to Hamilton Street will only be an eastbound, one-way street to allow egress for departing vehicles. To access Cincinnati Street, you must turn west onto Spokane Falls Boulevard from Hamilton Street and then turn north onto Cincinnati Street.
• The intersection of Dakota Street and Boone Avenue, Dakota Street from alley south of Sharp Avenue to Boone Avenue, and Boone Avenue from Dakota Street and Cincinnati Street are ONLY pedestrian areas – no vehicles allowed.
• Desmet Avenue from Dakota Street to Cincinnati Street will be only an eastbound, one-way street to allow egress for departing vehicles from Welch Hall.
In order to reduce the wait time for students to unload their belongings; we recommend that after you have completed unloading your vehicle, you park your vehicle in the parking garage which is located at Desmet Avenue and Cincinnati Street, any Gonzaga-owned parking lot, or street parking; and then finish moving into your respective residence hall.
To ease any confusion on how to arrive to your respective residence hall, please follow these directions:
Turn north onto Cincinnati Street (one street west of Hamilton Street) from Spokane Falls Boulevard and continue north to the Centennial Trail where a uniformed staff member shall direct you to your respective residence hall for parking. Coughlin Hall is the first residence hall on your right, Catherine-Monica is the second on your right, and Madonna is the third on the right.
If you are arriving from Sharp Avenue – turn south onto Cincinnati Street, continue to the alley just south of Boone Avenue where a sign and a uniformed staff member shall direct you to a parking space.
If you are arriving from Hamilton Street – turn west onto Boone Avenue, continue to Cincinnati Street, turn left onto Cincinnati Street, and then turn right into the alley just south of Boone Avenue where a sign and a uniformed staff member shall direct you to a parking space.
Twohy Hall is located on the corner of Boone Avenue (one street south of Sharp Avenue) and Cincinnati Street. You may park anywhere possible to unload.
Roncalli and Lincoln are located on the north side of Boone Avenue between Cincinnati and Dakota Street (two streets west of Hamilton Street, six streets from Ruby). To park and unload , you may either turn south onto Cincinnati Street, then turn right into the alley just south of Sharp Avenue; or turn south onto Dakota, then turn left into the alley.
Dillon and Goller Halls are located between Standard (three streets west of Hamilton, and five streets east of Ruby) and Dakota just south of Sharp Avenue. Alliance is located across the parking lot from Goller Hall. To park and unload, you may either turn south onto Standard, then turn left into the alley; or turn south onto Dakota, then turn right into the alley.
Crimont is located on the west side of Standard Street just north of Sharp Avenue. There is parking in the alley, or you may park on the street.
Turn south onto Standard from Sharp Avenue and continue south where a uniformed staff member shall direct you to a parking space.
Thank you for your patience, and welcome to Gonzaga University.
– Campus Security and Public Security