The College of Arts & Sciences develops women and men for others, ready to face the intellectual, vocational, and spiritual challenges of today and tomorrow.
The College lives our Jesuit, Catholic, and humanistic character by providing learning experiences that transform our students, faculty, and staff.
We do so by:
- encouraging self-reflection on life, faith, and knowledge;
- engaging with meaningful problems in our local and global communities;
- pursuing the cause of social justice; and
- fostering scholarly inquiry, creativity, and collaboration.
The College develops women and men for others, ready to face the intellectual, vocational, and spiritual challenges of today and tomorrow.
College of Arts & Sciences Vision 2024
Find information about how the College lives its mission in its Vision 2024 Plan. Our goals with this plan are as follows:
- ENGAGE in holistic, active learning that builds meaningful and practical knowledge and a passion for scholarly inquiry
- COLLABORATE locally and globally, promoting whole person learning through civic and community engagement
- TRANSFORM our students into women and men for others through critical reflection on faith, culture and social justice
- BUILD on our current strengths and develop new ones through careful stewardship of our human and material resources
College of Arts & Sciences Employment
Gonzaga University is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. We cultivate an inclusive campus community that values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, and development. These commitments stem from our university mission and our most central institutional values. Want to join the College as a faculty or staff member? Check out our employment page for new opportunities.
Read more about the College in Dean Caño‘s Fall 2022 Welcome Message.
Where to Find Us Online
We share College accomplishments, events and other news worth celebrating on our social media, website and newsletter. Give us a follow!