Zag Scholarship Promise

Sponsored Zag Kyle Ishikawa

Kyle Ishikawa has recognized the importance of scholarships from the moment he applied to Gonzaga. Originally from Aiea on the island of Oahu in Hawaii, heKyleIshikawa could not afford to make the trek to the mainland for the “Gonzaga Experience Live” (GEL) preview weekend. The University offered him the “Fly In” scholarship, which gave him a plane ticket to and from Gonzaga, making the trip more affordable. Over the course of the weekend Kyle witnessed the emphasis Gonzaga places on community and the students’ personal development and from that moment forward, he knew Gonzaga was the school for him.

Kyle is studying electrical engineering with a minor in mathematics. He is publicity chair for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and works on campus at the Unity Multicultural Education Center. The scholarships Kyle received allow him to develop his passion for engineering, math, and art. In the future, he hopes to attend grad school to pursue a biomedical degree so that he can help others as they have helped him.

“Thank you so much for your generous donations,” said Ishikawa. “They allowed me to do so many things that I wouldn’t be able to do on my own. It’s such a kind gesture to put your faith in someone to do well. My family and I are very thankful and blessed that you decided to invest in my future and have given me an opportunity to succeed.”