Zag Scholarship Promise

Sponsored Zag Manuel Uson

Manuel Uson (’16) fell in love with Gonzaga the moment he stepped onto campus during a visit in the spring of his senior year of high school. GU’s engineering and applied sciences Usonfacilities inspired him to pursue his education here. He loves working with and learning about the latest advancements in technology, and Gonzaga moved him to aspire to play a role in making our world a better place and potentially inventing something of his own.

Uson came from a Filipino-American household, so he was quick to become involved in the Filipino American Student Union Club on campus. Through the club, once a semester, Uson helped host a barbeque for people with disabilities. He described it as a “humbling and gratifying experience.”

Gonzaga has provided Manuel with many experiences and opportunities that encourage learning and growth.

“My scholarship means so much to my family and I,” said Uson. “It helps turn my attention away from the financial situations I am in and allows me to focus on what really matters for my future, learning.”