Zag Scholarship Promise

Sponsored Zag Samantha Seward

Gonzaga was the last stop on a trip to tour potential colleges for Samantha Seward (’16). After being shown around campus, she got in the car with her father, turned to him and said, “This is where I am going, I can feel it. This is the only place I feel at home.”

SewardAt Gonzaga, Seward chose to double major in psychology and Spanish. She is fascinated by the human brain and the reasons why people do the things they do. She wants to help people and her activity in the Gonzaga community reflects that. She is a member of Zag Study Buddies where she works with kids from low-income families who do not believe college is an option for them. Samantha has loved being a positive role model in the children’s lives.

Seward is paying for her schooling herself so her scholarship has allowed her to pursue her dream of one day owning her own practice in counseling psychology.

“For all students, especially students like me who are paying for their own schooling, every dollar counts,” she said. “Without my scholarship, I would not be able to attend Gonzaga and my life would be substantially different. Thank you for changing my life.”