Recently I received an email from ILA that had information about paid internships. Information and contact person, email are located below.
Paid internships with the ILA are available throughout the year to graduate students, recent graduates, and undergraduates who have successfully completed at least one year of school. While internships begin and end on a rolling basis, a 4-month commitment of 16-30 hours a week of work (in the ILA office) is required; longer commitments are preferred.
While we are open to other internships, we are currently looking for a Research Intern to:
1. Conduct online research for a variety of projects, including: market research and analysis, the Leadership Education Program Directory, compiling resources about leadership and the ILA’s Leadership Legacy Honorees, and lead generation.
2.Support the ILA’s LinkedIn presence by approving postings, recruiting new members, and producing reports.
3.Work on other projects as assigned.
Our Top 10 Candidate Requirements
1. College student with focus on leadership, marketing, communications, business, or a related field
2. Strong work ethic, high bar for work quality, and commitment to results
3. Detail oriented with ability to consider the big-picture
4. Excellent communication skills in person, by phone, or over email
5. Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word for research and reports
6. Outstanding Internet research skills and social media savvy, particularly using LinkedIn
7. Positive attitude, high energy, initiative, and the ability to prioritize
8. Global mindset, intercultural competency, and an interest in current events
9. Commitment to ILA’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals
10. Interest in learning the inner workings of a growing non-profit, knowledge of academic/ practitioner associations, and the field of leadership is a plus
To Apply: Please email the following to ILA Director Ms. Shelly Wilsey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter including: a) why you want to intern at the ILA; b) your relevant skills and experiences; c) your internship learning goals; d) your preferred schedule, and e) anything else that sets you apart. Resume including contact details, educational focus, work experience, and extracurricular activities. Two reference letters – One from a professor and one from a past employer, professor, or a character reference. Both letters should describe your qualifications, character, and commitment to excellence.
From Gonzaga’s doctoral program in leadership studies, we know that several of you are qualified for these internships. Please consider applying. Best of luck!!
Associate Professor & Chair,
Doctoral Program in Leadership Studies