Welcome to September’s MBA & MAcc newsletter. Included, you will find information about several upcoming events, as well as important administrative deadlines and updates. Please be sure to read through the newsletter carefully to make sure you get all of the information regarding upcoming events and important announcements.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines:
- Monday, September 1st: Fall classes start (Monday-only classes meet on September 1st)
- Monday, September 1st: Federal Labor Day, Gonzaga University is OPEN
- Monday, September 8th – Thursday, September 11th: Pizza Socials before evening classes
- Wednesday, September 10th: Last day to add classes (10-week classes)
- Thursday, September 11th, 1-4 PM, Cataldo Hall: Accounting Career Fair
- Friday, September 12th: Last day to drop classes (10-week classes)
- Wednesday, September 17th: Mass of the Holy Spirit at 11:15 AM (11 AM and 12:00 PM classes cancelled)
- Thursday, September 18th: The Pigott Lecture
- Friday, September 26th: Gonzaga observed Labor Day holiday (University is closed)
- Click here to see the Academic Calendar
Community & Business Events:
- Monday, September 1st: St. Al’s Young Adult Pub Night at Jack & Dan’s
- Friday, September 5th: First Friday
- Thursday, September 11th: Inland Business Catalyst 20 Under 40 Party
- Wednesday, September 17th: Executive Connect Breakfast with Brandon Foote, CEO, OnPOINT Imaging
- Thursday, September 25th: Spokane County United Way Emerging Leaders event with Ray Davis, CEO of Umpqua Bank
- Thursday, October 2nd: Spokane Young Professionals event with Steve Stevens, President & CEO of Greater Spokane Incorporated
- Thursday and Sunday concerts all summer long at Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
All Graduate Students:
As a reminder, please remember to fill out course evaluations on Zagweb during the last two weeks of MBA & MAcc classes. Course evaluations provide important feedback to the program and faculty about the curriculum. If course evaluations are not available, be sure to inform your professor and/or Adriane Leithauser.
Have You Moved or Changed Email Accounts?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated contact information (email address, address, employment information). Please note that all current students are expected to check their Zagmail accounts; however, we are able to update your preferred secondary email address.
500 Level MBA & MAcc Courses: If your advisor has evaluated your pre-requisites and determined that you are required to take one or more 500 level pre-requisites, you will now be able to register for them on your own in most cases. You should also be able to register for the 600 level course they are a pre-requisite to in the following term.
For example, if you are required to take MBUS 501 Stats Review in Summer 1, you can register for MBUS 613 Quant & Stats Analysis in Summer 2 without getting an error.
International Issues Elective Requirement
Please remember that you are required to have 2 credits of elective coursework with an international focus to graduate. Here are the summer and fall courses that count toward that requirement:
MBUS 652 International Management 2 credits – Tues/Thur 9:25-10:40 – 9/1-11/7
MBUS 699 Sustainable Global Development 1 credit – Tues 5:30-8 – 11/10-12/19
MBUS 699 Defending a Global Brand 1 credit – Mon 5:30-8 – 11/10-12/19