Welcome to July’s MBA & MAcc newsletter. Included, you will find information about several upcoming events, as well as important administrative deadlines and updates. Please be sure to read through the newsletter carefully to make sure you get all of the information regarding upcoming events and important announcements.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines:
- Monday, June 30th: Second Summer Session Begins
- Tuesday, July 1st: Fall International Student Scholarship Applications due
- Tuesday, July 1st: Fall Graduate Assistantship Applications due
- Thursday, July 3rd: Last day to add or drop a class for the second summer session (June 30 – August 8)
- Friday, July 4th: Independence Day, Gonzaga University closed
- Thursday, August 28th: Fall New Student Orientation
- Monday, September 1st: Fall classes start (Monday-only classes meet on September 1st)
- Click here to see the Academic Calendar
Community & Business Events:
- Thursday, July 17th: Executive Connect Breakfast featuring Andrew DePaula, founder and CEO of intelliPaper
- Sunday, July 20th: Spokane Food Truck Palooza
- Wednesday, August 13th: Greater Spokane Incorporated Roofdeck Rendevous (networking event)
- Thursday and Sunday concerts all summer long at Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
All Graduate Students:
As a reminder, please remember to fill out course evaluations on Zagweb during the last two weeks of MBA & MAcc classes. Course evaluations provide important feedback to the program and faculty about the curriculum. If course evaluations are not available, be sure to inform your professor and/or Adriane Leithauser.
Have You Moved or Changed Email Accounts?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated contact information (email address, address, employment information). Please note that all current students are expected to check their Zagmail accounts; however, we are able to update your preferred secondary email address.
500 Level MBA & MAcc Courses: If your advisor has evaluated your pre-requisites and determined that you are required to take one or more 500 level pre-requisites, you will now be able to register for them on your own in most cases. You should also be able to register for the 600 level course they are a pre-requisite to in the following term.
For example, if you are required to take MBUS 501 Stats Review in Summer 1, you can register for MBUS 613 Quant & Stats Analysis in Summer 2 without getting an error.
International Issues Elective Requirement
Please remember that you are required to have 2 credits of elective coursework with an international focus to graduate. Here are the summer and fall courses that count toward that requirement:
MBUS 652 International Management 2 credits – Tues/Thur 9:25-10:40 – 9/1-11/7
MBUS 699 Sustainable Global Development 1 credit – Tues 5:30-8 – 11/10-12/19
MBUS 699 Defending a Global Brand 1 credit – Mon 5:30-8 – 11/10-12/19
Buyer Behavior is required for this concentration. It is offered this summer session 2 online. Due to faculty sabbaticals and other scheduling issues, we are not yet sure when it will be offered again; so, you should snap this course up while it’s available!
Need Operations before Spring 2015?
Dr. Beqiri will be teaching in Florence; so, she will not be offering Operations this fall. Instead, she is offering two sections this summer – one during summer 1 and the other during summer 2. Both sections are online. Note: Operations will be offered at 2:10 spring 2015; so if that will not work with your graduation plans, you should register for Operations this summer.