If you and your student are interested in receiving financial aid for the 2012-2013 school year, the time to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid is drawing near. The FAFSA should be completed every January for your student to qualify for aid in the upcoming school year. Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply online.
Remember the priority deadline for your application to be received is February 1st. Since it takes a few days for the information to be processed, we recommend submitting the form online before the deadline. Last year there were so many people trying to access the site in the last days of January, that many experienced technical difficulties; save yourself some stress and file it early. Meeting the priority deadline will assure your student receives the best aid possible. Many federal and state awards are given to those who file before the deadline passes. Filing after February 1st may result in a loss of potential funding.
Information you will need before the FAFSA can be successfully submitted to Gonzaga:
- Gonzaga’s Federal School Code (003778)
- Student’s PIN (students apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov).
- Parent’s PIN (parents apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov).
- Your 2011 1040’s, or if you have not yet filed your taxes you may estimate your income using W2’s or your last pay stub from 2011; once your taxes have been filed, you may visit the FAFSA website and update your information.
- Current bank account and investment information.
If you have questions about the FAFSA process, feel free to contact Gonzaga’s Financial Aid Office at (800) 793-1716, locally at (509) 313-6582, or on the web at www.gonzaga.edu/financialaid or firstname.lastname@example.org.